𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙮

Hey guys, I'm not sure what's up with chapter 89 but if you didn't see it before this, well, I suppose my app is crapping out. If you did, then I wish it would tell me 😭

 If you did, then I wish it would tell me 😭

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"Ready to go?" YangYang enquired from the front door as Renjun checked for his old apartment keys and zipped his jacket.

"Yeah, let's head out." Before I chicken out, he thought and chewed into his bottom lip. In recent days, he'd been fighting against this huge urge to go back to the complex and see how it was. Externally, he didn't want to do it; couldn't bare the thought of running into the boys and having to make conversation. Yet internally, his heart was tearing in two and his conscience kept a not-so-gentle reminder that they'd be leaving soon. If not already. He'd never forgive himself and his own stubbornness if he never got to say goodbye.

He'd told YangYang he wanted to get the rest of his stuff from the apartment and be done with it. It was reason enough for the younger to agree.

The couple traipsed down the streets for about half an hour, noticing decorations coming down around them after the holidays and menus changing in restaurants to accommodate that. Renjun couldn't find it in himself to enjoy this time, and his hands balled into fists in his pockets at the thought that he wouldn't even be able to have Christmas with them. No New Years, no Valentines Day. No hot summer like they had before.

His mother was visiting in a week or two as well to top it all off. She wanted to see his new life, meet the guy he'd fallen for, and she'd insisted she wanted to see his neighbours...and he wasn't able to confess that it probably wouldn't happen. This was all starting to feel out of his control again.

When he eventually snapped out of his daydreams and worries, his eyes glided directly upwards to find his old home right before YangYang muttered, "We're here." Renjun's stomach dropped a mile and suddenly he wasn't so sure he could do this. "Okay, let me know when you're ready or if you need help to carry your stuff. I'll do a bit of window shopping."

"You're not coming?"

His nose crinkled awkwardly and he looked to his boots, "those guys make me anxious. But," he returned the eye-contact again, "if you want me to go, I'll go. I don't mind, really."

The shorter rolled out his neck and thought about the pros and cons before deciding it was probably for the best that they never met YangYang again. He didn't want to go alone, but the alternative was equally quite...

"It's fine. You go ahead," he smiled and waved him off. "I'll call you when I'm done."

"Jun," the taller pursed his cold lips and glanced to the new, towering building, "if they hassle you or anything, text me. Okay? It's six to one."