𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Renjun awoke the following morning with a headache making him wonder if his brain had split in two, and a dry-as-hell throat that hurt beyond words. His eyes were squinted as he shielded himself from the sunlight and rolled over onto his other side, chest falling a mile when he found his little nightwalker hadn't been in to sleep alongside him.

But then it dawned on him. Of course he hadn't been sleepwalking, and if he had, of course he hadn't come in here. The poor boy probably locked himself in his room after the dramatics from yesterday. Renjun sat up in a hurry and coughed hoarsely without a drop of water to be had. He'd cried himself to sleep last night, and judging from the waterworks everyone had as well...they were much the same. It had been so gloomy, so miserable. He'd made such a monumental fuck up, even the almighty, unbiased God had to have been laughing at him.

The young adult peeled himself from the mattress and stumbled to his en suit to check himself in the mirror, almost choking from the awful sight and splashing water across his face to ease the cry-swelling around his eyes. I look like the undead. A brilliant start to a shitheap of a day. He couldn't have pounced into his shower fast enough to wash away what felt like sin.

Breakfast was god-awful. The others were somewhat present in the communal kitchen since preparations in their own apartments were never made. Taeyong said this place would be blocked off once normal civilians started living there, it was only that he knew they all knew each other that he left all these areas open.

Jeno and Mark at least acknowledged Renjun's existence. The others...not so much.

"Do you have work today?" The raven-haired actor husked out with a voice that would've suggested he'd been at a concert the night before...but in actual fact was due to all the late-night calming for Donghyuck who couldn't settle or rest. They'd stayed in the same room across the hall, and that crying had been the loudest.

"Mhm, at two," Jeno yawned and rubbed his face as he poured milk into very little cereal. In fact, he nearly forgot to cut the flow as it neared the rim of the bowl. He was exhausted, and his complexion spoke for itself.

Renjun nibbled on his toast and hated how loud it sounded in comparison to the deathly silence of the kitchen. Jisung and Donghyuck were seated at the table with smoothies from the fridge being sucked through straws, eyes vacant and staring at nothing. Mark and Jeno were sort of standing by the sink, discussing this evening's plans a little while the outlier neighbour himself was perched beside the kitchen window...eating his Nutella toast with absolutely no appetite.

"Where're Jaemin and Chenle?" Mark suddenly piped up from their hushed murmurs. He checked the table where the youngest two were sitting quietly, then glanced at Renjun with a concerned expression. "Did you see them?"