𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

─────── • ❥ • ───────

As it turned out, Chenle ended up guiding Renjun back to the complex the long way around. The streets were emptying off now that people were either getting home for dinner, or sitting about in restaurants. The pair walked extremely slow to savour what they had intended on admiring all along - the sunset.

The golden sphere melted down over the jagged horizon of sky-rise buildings, spilling a tangerine glow over the city and covering the typically mundane colours in gingers, ochres, and warm blush-like pinks. The pavements were void of most shadows, though Renjun found himself mesmerised by theirs as they continued their journey.

Their shoulders were brushing against each other, and neither had opted to gain some space to prevent it. Really, it felt nice. This whole ambiance was like nothing the older had ever experienced before...but he wanted more of it. Again and again. It was exactly how he thought movies portrayed the sensation of bliss.

"You know," Chenle hummed, sneakily sliding his hand closer to the shorter's and brushing his pinky against the side of it. "I used to walk down here on my own all the time when we first moved into the apartments a few months ago. We've seen a lot of homes together, but this one has been the best so far."

"Really?" The blonde responded softly, more so focused on the younger's flirtatious actions by their sides. "The complex isn't even finished yet...."

"Mhm, not yet," the purplette smiled, bravely taking Renjun's hand and locking their warm fingers together. The shorter's breath hitched, lower lip catching between his teeth as their hands rocked back and forth to the beat of their walking pace. It was so....nice. So easy. "But it'll be all done soon enough. And then we'll have to go again."

The blonde paused, stopping their strides only metres away from the entrance gate into their private area. "What? You'll have to go?"

"When Taeyong agreed to letting us live on the third floor, it was because we were able to pay more than the rent was even worth. This building was never ready in the first place for residents, but he let us in 'cause he knew we needed the security....the hidden element. We're basically paying for its completion through rent, and the first and second floor both need more work. Don't worry. We have time."

"I.....I never thought about it," Renjun muttered. "I just always pictured you being here, but it never made sense, I suppose."

Chenle beamed cutely, bringing the smaller towards the gate and pushing on through, both heading for the front doors, but not entering. "Look," he took both of the other's hands in his and had them facing one another, "I've taken everything you've said to me today into consideration. I'm probably the most understanding and well-mannered member of the six of us. I'm weird, I'm sassy, and of course spoiled....but I know discomfort when I see it."

"Chenle-"

"Please feel that you can talk to me about anything," he assured, "Because my door will always be open to you. The others are all inept in the art of 'reading' our potentials, you see. Mark basically gets all upset when it fails as he's a competitive and controlling man. Jaemin and Donghyuck go into these weird funks and take a few weeks to get over it when boys leave us. Jisung pretends it doesn't bother him, or that he doesn't understand people like you....but he's trying to be brave. And of course, Jeno hates losing the battle as well due to ego. Basically, to them....you're a prize. They love a good challenge, and always end up falling harder than they intend."