𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The dreadful end of the semester had finally arrived and Renjun had only recently been smacked with the reality of an exam coming up. YangYang had merely mentioned it in passing and seemed blissfully indifferent about it since he'd been putting in all the hard work since the summer while Renjun had pulled all-nighters to get essays done to a good level since he and the boys were messing around during the day.

But this was far too important to fuck around with now. And with winter edging closer he was equally as stressed about his mother coming over or at least him visiting her again. He missed her so much, and he couldn't afford to tell her that he bagged an exam because of love. Or at least, a gnarled and twisted version of it.

"Alright, I know this may seem harsh," the young, Chinese male cleared his throat loudly while placing his hands on his hips, "But I need you guys to leave me alone for two weeks. I need to pass an important test that's closer than I'd anticipated."

The polyamorous lovers, all six of them, were perched around the sofa or leaning against the back of it if they didn't fit. Their gazes were solely on their neighbour and it was funnily enough Jeno with cheeks full of toast that spoke first. "Like...how do you mean?"

"I mean it as literally as it sounds. I'm doing well at this course so far but this exam weighs about thirty percent of this entire year. I can't be interrupted with dates and sex and movies and so on, so forth. Understand?"

"Not even for breaks?" Jaemin pouted. "Why is this harder for us than it is for you?"

Believe me, the adult thought, it's already getting hard for me. I'll be stuck watching all of you together while I'm holed up in my room. "It is what it is. Surely you've all done exams and stuff before."

"Actually," Mark murmured and rested his chin on his hand that was clutching the backrest, "We pretty much abandoned school for our love and careers. I'm pretty sure none of us have been to college...right?"

"Right," Chenle agreed. "Pure talent or laziness has gotten us this far and I intend to continue this way."

The second oldest arched his brow but said nothing more on the subject. He didn't need them to relate to his situation, he just needed them to back off for a few days until the test was finished. His weakness was them, and he knew he'd crumble if they so much as batted an eyelash and asked for fun. "Okay, whatever. But do I have a bit of support here?"

"You do from me anyway," Taeyong smiled cutely from across the way in the communal kitchen. "Best of luck—"

"Easy for you to say!" Donghyuck whined. "You're not the one deprived of his—"