𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Three years ago....

The relationship had not always consisted of six members. In fact, it had started out as a typical couple...Just two boys who saw the world in each other's eyes.

Mark Lee had always been a talented actor, and a beautiful soul. From the tender age of thirteen, he had been accustomed to stages, sets, drama and had unfortunately tasted fame. His life of normality had been taken from him by show business, if that life had ever truly existed to begin with.

As the years passed him by, his career only expanded and heightened exponentially. He was a wonderful sight for sore eyes, and he didn't have a single specific genre he stuck to - simply trying them all and broadening his horizons.

At first, only small rumours would flit about the industry and slip out to the media...but soon enough, those 'small' snippets of wrongly held information got larger and larger. By the time the man was twenty, he had received harsh criticism for his now openly promiscuous ways.

Yes. Mark Lee liked to 'share himself around', or so the tabloids would tell. His bad habits of 'kiss and disappear' became public knowledge, yet it didn't seem to act as any form of detriment to his career. In fact, if anything, it boosted his popularity as an 'untouchable legend' and had all kinds of celebrities trying to see what it was he could offer.

These stories started to contradict themselves though, as news spread around fast that Mark, aged twenty one, had settled with a boyfriend. Now, he had dated many stars in the past, and cheated on every single one of them....but this new lover seemed to stick around far longer than anyone could've predicted.

A stunning, uprising fashion model, Lee Donghyuck, or otherwise known as the starlet 'Haechan', had somehow caught his eye, and both seemed to 'click' better than anyone else.

Their relationship started off with fiery passion. They gave no shits about the media, showing public displays of affection where they wanted, when they wanted, and how they wanted. It was scandalous, really, but it still brought no shame to their fame.

After all, how could one shame a shameless person?

Though behind the scenes, hidden by the curtains called 'privacy', the pair had a vastly different relationship than what anyone else could've known, or wanted to know. Mark was no ordinary romantic, and Donghyuck was no ordinary partner.

"Oh, you're home...." the young brunette hummed while splayed across the luxurious sofa perched in the centre of their penthouse where security could ensure their safety. Mark closed the door behind him, slinging his keys onto the connected kitchen's countertop and leaning over the marble surface to watch him.

"Mhm. Were you sleeping?"

"A little. The television got boring," he admitted quietly before sitting up and placing his chin down on the backrest to gaze at his boyfriend with tortured eyes. "Markie..."

"What's up?" The older responded with a tad more enthusiasm as he moved about to start fixing them a small meal. His hands worked without much need for thought, as they rarely cooked anything of brilliant standard.

"Were you with him again? That boy...."

"Who? Nana?"

Hyuck pouted and nodded solemnly, "Yeah. I know you said you were working, but I thought your shoot finished at five. It's eight."

The ravenette halted his movements for a minute, calculating his best course of action. He never wanted to hurt this person, nor betray him...and so far, Donghyuck had been nothing but lenient and understanding of his ways and needs....but it was still difficult. "Yeah, Baby. I went to see Jaemin."

The smaller sighed, nodding dejectedly before turning around again to slide down into the couch further. "Thought so. I made us noodles earlier, but yours got cold so I had to bin them..."

"I'm sorry."

"I know," the teen twisted around to sport a forced smile. "Was he happy to see you again? Did you do it?"

"Hey, you know I promised that-"

"You wouldn't have sex without me, I know. Still," Donghyuck yawned before standing up to trail over, "I wouldn't blame you. You like him, don't you? You can admit it."

Mark rubbed his face tiredly before shaking off the fatigue and continuing on with the vegetable chopping. "I'd love for you to meet him."

"I'm not polyamorous like you, Baby. I'm....I'm not able to see others the way you do."

"But he's the same as me. I'm sure he'd love you lots," the older tried to reason, having the same old battle they always had when he returned from one of his visits. "And you," he leaned in to connect their lips fondly, "You'd be happy, I know it. We'd both look after you."

The younger shook his head with pursed lips before stepping back and clicking his tongue. "I don't trust people, Mark. You know that. I-I can't meet someone else and just expect them to care for me the way you do."

"He'll understand-"

"I'm a fucking little! Most people see it and think 'oh shit, it's one of those freaks!' I'm fed up of people mistreating me. You're all I have."

Mark quickly pulled him in closer by his forearms and wrapped him up in a much needed hug. He pressed their foreheads together, kissing the bridge of his nose comfortingly and hoping like hell that he wouldn't regress there and then. Any form of 'getting worked up' had him spiralling.

"Are you all good, Hyuckie?"

"Mmm, I'm okay," the other nodded softly before breathing in and out heavily to regain composure. "I'm getting better at this."

"You definitely are. I'm so proud, baby boy."

They stared at each other for a lingering moment before finally needing to move and breaking apart. The older returned to chopping up the vegetables while his lover watched patiently.

There was a comfortable silence that existed between them. It wasn't unusual for a couple who lived together to have these peaceful occurrences, and they were no different. Donghyuck watched the other's hands carefully in a sort of daze, envisioning what this 'Na Jaemin' character that Mark had fallen for looked like.

Was he more pretty or handsome?

Was he tall?

Did he treat Mark like an equal, rather than a star?

Was he gentle, flirtatious or rough?

There were so many shapes to people out there, that it was almost impossible to tell what he could've been like. Of course, the brunette didn't really want to ask for descriptive details in case it looked like he was interested.

He most definitely didn't need another caregiver.

So as he laced his arms around Mark's waist as the taller cooked, Donghyuck rested his cheek against the man's back and appreciated the warmth that radiated from his figure.

He loved him so much.
Even if his love had to be shared with others.

─────── • ❥ • ───────