𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Double update! Let's go~

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The rain came suddenly, and it came down hard. Renjun had left YangYang's in a hurry after both wished each other the best. They still had college, they were still friends...but creating a new rhythm was going to be difficult. That wasn't his primary concern as of this moment, though, while he yanked his suitcase through the puddle-ridden streets. Lampposts struggled to illuminate the mist and somewhere in the distance, two dogs were barking wildly beneath the torrent.

Renjun's coat hood barely shielded him as the water ran down his fringe and along his rosy cheeks. The things he dragged behind him were only essentials, and his ex promised to help him take the rest another day with less rain. His sneakers were already trashed through and waterlogged, but he couldn't give a damn.

The complex loomed overhead after a long journey — only made longer by the weather — back. The blonde-ravenette nearly slipped on a crack through the pavement filled with rainwater. He balanced himself against the wall and stared at the entrance for a moment, blinking through his wet lashes and shivering against the cold. This is it, he steeled himself, tugging the suitcase in an iron grip and marching along the sludgy terrain. Even if they told him to go away, he still lived here at least. This was still his home until he found an alternative.

The piercing tone of his phone ringing broke the silence and heavy patter of droplets pummelling the ground, making his heart leap to his throat and eyes widen. Could it have been them? Would this be easier if they broke the ice first? He didn't wait to think about it before halting under the shelter just outside the apartment block and sliding his phone from his pocket. It was sheened with condensation, but that didn't matter as he slid the green bar across and held it to his ear.

Unfortunately, the number wasn't one he'd gotten from the boys.

"Renjun?" His mother asked on the other end. "Are you busy?"

"Kind of. What's up?"

"Thought I'd check up on you. You haven't picked up calls in a while and I wanted to confirm a few things before I visit? Is now a good time?"

No, it wasn't if he was completely honest. But at the same time, he was teeming with confidence and wanted to go to sleep tonight having tied up all possible loose ends. Or, at least, most of them. Now he was single, next, he needed to make peace with six men he regretted disappointing. "Right now isn't a great time, but you should definitely visit as soon as you can. I miss you."

"I miss you too, Jun. I was thinking in two weeks time? I have an appointment next week that I can't reschedule."

"Yeah, sounds good."