𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 {mature}

last part 🥹

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"Okay, we have," Renjun barked from the front door after stepping inside and checked his watch, "exactly four hours and thirteen minutes before Mum gets here. I don't know what to expect, so make sure the house is tidy and don't act stupid."

"Chill out, Sweetheart. Every time she comes over, you freak out," Mark shot his eyes to the heavens and fixed his new pair of glasses on his nose while he solved a crossword. His button-up was a wrinkly mess and his tie hung half loose around his neck. "Four hours is an eternity."

"I don't want her judging me!" The younger sniffed and sank down onto the couch beside him. It had already been another year, but the anxiety he felt to honour his mother all the time never lessened. As it turned out, she'd suspected something was going on long before she'd met them and found out about polyamory. Like Renjun, she'd never even heard of it before...but didn't seem displeased in the least, unlike her son.

The conversation had been uncomfortable, to say the least, over a year ago. When she'd first made her appearance in the city, all seven of them had just made up after 'the incident', as they called it, and trying to wade through the waters of recovery as well as explaining to an older lady that all of them loved each other the same was quite hard.

As Renjun threw his head back and stared at the ceiling fan, he remembered what she'd said that day. What have I told you, silly boy? We're all living the only life we get, and it's too short to stand in each other's way. She was damn well right about that, so it hadn't been an issue at all.

"Please tell me you're changing out of this," he sighed and picked at Mark's collar. "You look like a young guy pretending to be older. The dishevelled look would be appealing if I didn't know you'd pulled an all nighter at the studio."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll find something in," he checked his own watch with a slight smirk, "four hours and ten minutes?"

"Bitch, don't make me dress you myself—"

"Ah ah ah," the elder tutted and dropped his crossword down onto the coffee table to roll out his shoulders. The mock disinterest on his face made it all too clear he had a lesson to give. "Call me 'bitch' again and I'll make you cry."

Renjun chewed the wall of his cheek and looked away, also quite tense after his nine hour shift at the hospital. The internship was going well, but staying on top of it and college was a nuisance. At least it was only part time. "What should I call you instead? I have a little list here," he giggled playfully and pretended to pull out an invisible notepad.