A Prayer For Struggles With Sexual Sin

If you struggle with sexual sin/temptation, I want you to know that you are not alone. One of the biggest lies that the devil tries to tell us is that we are the only ones who struggle with sin and that if we tell anyone, they won't view us as holy or perfect, but guess what? We are all sinners and that's why we need Jesus. Your sin doesn't make you better or worse than anyone else, and in Christ, you can find freedom and forgiveness for your sins.

Heavenly Father,

I praise You, for You are the God who has created me to be beautifully and wonderfully made. Your plan for me and my life is good. Your ways are holy and right. You created sex to be for marriage and You did that for the best purposes, because You love me, not because You wanted to hurt me or restrain my freedom. You created me to do Your good works and to glorify You in everything, including my body and sexuality.

Please forgive me, for I have chosen the ways of this world over Your ways. Forgive me, for I have not let You be God over my mind, heart, and body. Please help me to guard my heart and keep my mind pure.

Thank You for creating such a beautiful plan for my life and for getting me through it. Thank You for forgiving me, for sending Your Son to die for my sins, and for loving me. Thank You for protecting and guiding me always.

Father God, I pray that You would help me to be victorious over sin as Your Son has already defeated sin and defeated death. Thank You for overcoming the things of this world, so that I no longer need to be a slave to my sins. Please help me to keep myself pure and holy. Help me to be holy as You are holy, God. Let me rely not on my own weak and fallible self but on You and Your powers, Lord.

I pray this in Jesus's Name, Amen.

I hope this helped you! <3

~Nicole