Crushes or crutches

Crushes or crutches?

My name is Dolapo but some of you know me by my middle name, Odunmide. I am a Nigerian immigrant living in Canada and I joined Wattpad last year. I am a baby Christian, which means that although I was born to Christian parents, I still have a lot of things to learn as a Christian. Anyway I better go to the main topic.

So there's this guy in my class that I have a crush on and as the introvert I am, I don't talk to him a lot. It is kind of weird as my friends say that I use my head (not my brain, my head😂) too many times. There are some times I take a look at him during class time and sometimes try to gather courage to talk to him but I can't because...well, I don't know if he's a Christian too as I said, I don't talk to him that much.

As girls with bodies that are functioning, we are going to have crushes which is totally fine but are we letting them get in the way of our lives? Are we letting them take center rather than God? I have been there before, I've let my previous crushes take center and it made me neglect those who really cared about me only for me to find out the guy never cared about me.

So rather than making our crushes become crutches, let us pay attention to those who care about us. It could be taking part in activities in Church, talking to friends or going out with them, participating in hobbies like crocheting or even exploring your talents. Spend time with your family and friends, rather than spending all your time on a guy who may or may not even care about you and remember if he doesn't like you, it doesn't mean you are useless, okay?

I try as hard as I can not to make my crush the center of my life. I sing, try to write some lines that may be made into songs and also read the Bible (I try to pick it up for at least for 15 mins, God help me on that).

So girls, it is okay to have crushes but be careful so that they do not become crutches. Thanks and God bless you.

Sincerely, Odunmide