second prayer

Hey, it's Lydia! I'm going to be writing the next prayer.

There is a lot of suffering in this world. People struggle everyday, physically and mentally. While we may never know why God allows this into the world, I've learned that pain was never  his intention. Everything happens for a reason, and God has a good reason behind his decisions. 

When I struggling to fight through a bad part of my life, I lost sight of God. My focus wasn't on Him and I pushed Him away. I regret doing that, because I know that I would've handled the situation better instead of lashing out and saying things that I now regret.

A while ago, I found a verse in the bible. It spoke to me and I've been praying more since. 

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."

- 1 Peter 5:7

In the last post, Lexi added a song and I liked how she did that. So, I'm also going to be adding one of my favorite worship songs.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for everything you have done for us. Thank you for walking with us in the darkness and listening to our prayers. Thank you Jesus Christ for dying on the cross to forgive us for our sins and paying our debts. 

Thank you for your everlasting love and never giving up on us. You are our rock in the midst of the storm.

We ask that you help people in need, the people crying out for help. Comfort them. Teach or remind them of your amazing love. Please heal the brokenness in their lives and give them the strength to fight through whatever struggle they are facing. Show them that You are always the shining light in the darkness. 

Please give them peace. 

Your love is never failing. We love you and thank you for all the incredible things you have done for us.

In Your name, Amen.

My main account is @-foreverhopeful. If you ever want to talk or rant, my inbox is always open and I will willingly listen or talk to you. Feel free to pm me or this account. Our inbox is also always open.