Finding peace in the chaos of Christmas time❤️

Verse: "You will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you." Isaiah 26:3

Maybe right now with Christmas almost here, you are stressed out. You have presents to buy and wrap, family to go and see, parties with friends, traveling to see family, and you feel stressed and overwhelmed. Remember: the reason for the season is Jesus and in Jesus, we can have peace.

How do we find peace in the chaos of Christmas time?

1. Start your day with spending time with God.

Each morning get up about thirty times earlier than you usually do and use that time to spend time with God. Seek God during that time by praying and reading His word. It is so good to start each day off on a good start. Because I never feel peaceful if I have to rush to get ready and then my day feels stressful. By spending time with God in the morning, it will be the perfect way to start your day feeling peaceful.

2. By fixing our eyes on Jesus.

We fix our eyes on Jesus by not thinking about our problems, circumstances, or to do list. We need to start thinking about Jesus! We need to think about God's goodness (Psalm 31:19), How God is faithful (Psalm 33:4), How God loves us (John 3:16), How God will always be there for us (Psalm 121:1-2), How God will always comfort us (Isaiah 49:13), and how with God on our side, we can do anything! (Matthew 19:26)

3. By remembering the real reason for the season: JESUS!

Christmas is not about the presents it's about celebrating the miracle of Jesus's birth. How Jesus was born of a virgin named Mary. (Matthew 1:18-25) How one day, Jesus would save everyone from their sins by dying on a cross. (John 3:16) We need to be thankful and grateful for the birth of our Savior Jesus.

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that this Christmas season that I remember to true reason for the season and that is the amazing birth of Your Son. I pray that as I spend time with you every morning that I grow closer to you and have your peace. I pray that you help me fix my eyes on you and not my circumstances. I pray that as I seek you by reading your word, worshiping you, talking to you, and listening for you that I build a close relationship with you. I praise you Lord for this Christmas season. I praise you for the gift that you gave the world: Your Son named Jesus. I praise you for Your Son! I praise you for your goodness, love, mercy, grace, and so much more. I thankful for you and Your Son. I am thankful for each and every day I get to spend with you.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! Keep me in your prayers for tomorrow because I have an interview with a school of ministry. I am hoping and praying it goes well and I get in! So wish me luck!❤️

Thank you so much for reading this! I love you so much for reading!❤️

-Caty from SGC❤️