Purpose

Purpose

Verses: Jesus spoke to the people once more and said: 'I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." John 8:12

Maybe right now, you are in college and trying to figure out what to do with your major. Maybe you are still in high school and everyone is asking you what you are doing after high school. Or maybe you are just lost and don't know your purpose in life. Listen to me: take a deep breathe and relax. If you don't know your purpose in life yet: that's okay! I have ideas that might just help you find your purpose.

One of my favorite writer, podcaster, speaker, and bussiane owners is named Jordan Lee Dooley. (She is amazing! I have all her books and her podcast is called "She Podcast" you should totally check it out. I love it) On her podcast she was talking about how a lot of people don't know their purpose from God. But instead of sitting around and waiting for God to tell you your purpose, go out and start trying things! Give yourself permission to try things and see if you like it. Sometimes God doesn't call out to you and say: "this is your purpose. This should be your major in college." Sometimes you just start trying things and see what you like.

Story time:

I have always loved writing but I discovered that I could actually write a book when I started writing Jesus Saves Daily Devotions. I never thought in a million years that I would finish it. That I would find out that writing is my love and my passion. I figured out that writing devotionals is my purpose. I would have never have known that writing devotionals is my purpose if I didn't take a leap of faith and start writing.

God tells us that for everyone of us, He has a plan and a purpose for our lives. Maybe your purpose is encouraging others, to be a teacher, to be a mom, to be a writer, to go to college, to be a hairdresser, to start a bussiane, or just anything.

My advice to you: if you don't know your purpose, pray to God, and ask Him to show you your purpose. But instead of sitting around and waiting for God to answer, get out there in the world, and try some things! Write that book, build that bussiance, or change your major. You will never know what you like and don't like if you don't try.

God will lead you where ever you need to go. Just relax, grab His hand, and trust in Him.

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray you should me my purpose. Grab my hand and lead me where I need to go. I will follow you Lord and trust you. Help me a take that leap of faith and start trying things.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful❤️

I just wanted to let you all know that I am starting back college next week so my updates on the book will now be weekly updates❤️

Thank you so much for reading! I love you all❤️

-Caty From SGC❤️