Shame

Shame

Verse: "'[looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God [revealing His deity, His authority, and the completion of His work].'"

Hebrews 12:2

Shame.

Maybe right now, you are feeling horrible about yourself. Maybe you feel ashamed about yourself. Maybe it's been years since you have talked with God and now you feel shame. Maybe you have made a mistake and now you think God hates you. No matter what you have done or how you are feeling: God will NEVER shame you (Hebrews 13:5). Jesus left shame at the cross (Hebrews 12:2). So now you don't have to be trapped by shame, you can come to God and be filled with love (Isaiah 49:13).

If you are filled with shame, the best thing you can do is go to God by seeking Him through prayer. Pour out your heart to Him in prayer and He will be there to listen to you (Isaiah 49:13). God loves you so much (John 3:16). God loves you just as you are (Psalm 136:1). Even if you have made mistakes, God still loves you (Psalm 136:1). Even if you haven't talked with God in years, He still wants you to come to Him (Psalm 125:1-2).

So seek God through prayer, worship, reading His word, and listening to Him. As you seek God, God will draw near to you (Psalm 125:1-2). God will be there to love you, guide you, forgive you, comfort you, and to help you. God will be there to cast out shame and fill you with his love, goodness, peace, mercy, hope, joy, rest, and so much more.

Now you can't just pray once for shame to be gone and for shame to go away. You have to continue to seek God through prayer, worship, reading His word, and listening to Him. The more time you spend with Him, the more He will fill you with His goodness and for you to cast out shame.

Because with God on your side, you can do anything! (Philippians 4:13) You can and will overcome shame with God on your side.

Prayer:

Dear God,

God, I am battling shame. I know I can't overcome shame without you. So I pray that you come to me and help me. Grab my hand and walk through life with me. I need you Lord and I love you. I know that with you by my side, I can do all things. I ask that you bless me with everything I need to overcome shame. I praise you for your goodness, love, and never ending mercy. You are a good father. I thank you for listening to me. I believe that you hear me and that you will help me.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are doing good! I hope you have had an amazing week! Thank you so much for reading. I love you so much! Have a blessed day!❤️💜💖

-xoxo Caty❤️💜💖