Even in the darkest night, Jesus is the light💛

Even in the darkest night, Jesus is light
Verse: "'Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, " I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."'
John 8:12

Even in the darkest night, Jesus is the light.

Maybe right now, you are struggling. With Covid-19 still going strong I am sure it's easy to feel that we are living in darkness right now. Maybe right now you are struggling with depression, anxiety, sickness, feeling stressed, and overwhelmed. I don't know what you are going through right now, but I do know that even in the dark times we are living in, Jesus is always the light in every darkness. Even though the darkest night, Jesus is the light of the world and in Him, we can have life! (John 8:12)

So how do we have light in Jesus? How do we have life in Jesus?

We need to fix our eyes on Jesus and not our circumstances. When we fix our eyes on Jesus, we can see His goodness, love, faithfulness, mercy, love, forgiveness, joy, rest, peace, and so much more. It's easy to focus on our circumstances and the darkness of the world. But when we fix our eyes on Jesus, we can see Jesus in all His glory.

How do you fix your eyes on Jesus?

You seek God through reading His word, worshiping Him, listening for Him, praying to Him, and by taking every thought captive. So you need to seek God daily so you can focus on Him.

How you take every thought captive is you think about, what you are thinking about. When you begin to think about something, ask yourself: "is this negative thinking of the darkness of the world?" Then you choose to think about Jesus and all His goodness. You can't do this alone, you have to have God on your side. But you can do this because nothing is impossible with Christ (Phillpians 4:13).

We also need to renew our mind.

How we do this is to pray to God for Him to renew our mind and then we practice taking every thought captive. We can't renew our mind without God, so invite the Holy Spirit into your heart and ask Him to renew your mind. We renew our mind by asking God to do this through prayer. Then we need to continue to seek God and continue to fix our eyes on God. You can't pray this prayer once and be done. It's a process and it won't happen overnight. But if you put in the work by daily seeking God, He will renew your mind.

You find life through Christ by praying to God to bless you with His peace, rest, joy, hope, and whatever else you need. Then you keep seeking God daily and He will bless you with whatever you need to face the darkness you are facing.

Remember: God will love you forever. (Psalm 136:1) God will never leave you. (Hebrews 13:5) God will comfort you. (Isaiah 49:13) God will help you and always be there for you. (Psalm 121:1-2)

How do we find light and life in Jesus?

Fix our eyes on God
Renew our mind
Take every thought captive
Seek God daily
Pray for whatever we need

I know this sounds really hard and scary but with God on your side, you can do anything! (Matthew 19:26)

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I fix my eyes on you that I stop focusing so much on my circumstances and the darkness of the world, But instead to focus on you and your goodness. I pray the Holy Spirit comes into my heart and mind and renews my mind. I pray that as I continue to seek you daily that you bless me with everything I need to make it through this storm. I pray that as I seek you daily that I build a close relationship with you and learn more about you. I praise you for goodness, love, and mercy. I praise you because you are light even in the darkness. I praise you because you are a good Father.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this! I love you so much! Have a blessed day!❤️💜💖🧡💙

-xoxo Caty❤️💜🧡💙💖