How to fight the Devil

Verses: "'By this I know that You favor and delight in me, Because my enemy does not shout in triumph over me. As for me, You uphold me in my integrity, And You set me in Your presence forever. Blessed be the Lord , the God of Israel, From everlasting to everlasting [from this age to the next, and forever]. Amen and Amen (so be it).'"
Psalms 41:11-13

In life, we got through trials and storms. Going through any trial or storm is really rough and really test your faith. Sometimes you may feel like you want to give up. Maybe you are struggling with depression and with the holidays coming up just makes everything worse. Just know that God loves you (John 3:16), He delights in you (Psalm 41:11-13), His favor is for you (Psalm 41:11-13), this storm won't last forever (Psalm 37:4-5), and The Devil will not win! (Psalm 41:11-13)

We as Christian have to know that we have any enemy and he wants to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10).

So how do we fight the Devil?

1. For you to know what God thinks about you and to believe what God thinks about you.

It's really easy when we are struggling with depression to feel hopeless and worthless. But when we are struggling, we need to turn to the word of God, and know what God thinks about you

Here is what God thinks about you:

You are beautiful. (Psalm 45:11)

You are unique. (Psalm 139:13)

You are loved. (Jeremiah 31:3)

You are special. (Ephesians 2:10)

You are created with a purpose. (Jeremiah 29:11)

You are cared for. (Ephesians 3:17-19)

You are lovely. (Daniel 12:3)

You are precious. ( 1 Corinthians 6:20)

You are strong. (Psalm 18:35)

You are important. (1 Peter 2:9)

You are forgiven. ( Psalm 103:12)

You are protected. (Psalm 121:3)

You are chosen. (John 15:16)

You are mine. (Isaiah 43:1)

We always have to believe about what God says about us. We can't just read this and not believe it. How to believe it is to study and meditate the Bible on verses about God thinks about you.

2. To seek God even when we are struggling. We need to seek God by: reading the Bible, worshiping Him, talking to Him, and listening to Him.

Even when we feel horrible we don't need to turn out back on God. We need to seek God and He will draw near to us (Psalm 125:1-2). When you seek God, God will: God will love you forever. (Psalm 136:1) God will never leave you. (Hebrews 13:5) God will comfort you. (Isaiah 49:13) God will help you and always be there for you. (Psalm 121:1-2) So seek God even when you are hurting!

3. When you feel like being mean or hateful, be kind and give to others. Kill the Devil with kindness! Show the love of God!

When the Devil is attacking you, go help someone else. When you feel like being mean and hateful, be kind and nice. Since the holidays are coming up, lots of people are in need. You can help them by volunteering somewhere or donating money. I know I can't physically volunteer somewhere so I donate my crocheted blankets. Just show kindness when you are at the store. Smile at people, be friendly, be kind, and that is how you can defeat the Devil. Kill the Devil with your kindness and by showing the love of God!

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I seek you that you draw near to me. I pray that as I study your word about what you think of me, that I believe in your word for my life. I pray that I defeat the Devil by being kind and showing your love to everyone around me. God I need you and I want to be close to you. I pray that you come grab my hand and walk through life with you by my side. I praise you for your goodness, love, and mercy.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful day! Thank you so much for reading! I love you so much❤️

-Caty from SGC❤️