How to have joy and hope despite circumstances

Verses: 'But this I call to mind, Therefore I have hope. It is because of the Lord ' s loving kindnesses that we are not consumed, Because His [tender] compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great and beyond measure is Your faithfulness. The Lord is good to those who wait [confidently] for Him, To those who seek Him [on the authority of God's word]. It is good that one waits quietly For the salvation of the Lord . "The Lord is my portion and my inheritance," says my soul; "Therefore I have hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him." '

Lamentations 3:21-26

I love what Joyce Meyer says about hope: "Hope is a positive exception that something good is going to happen to me today!" Yesterday was my 22 birthday and I woke up with the attitude that: I am going to have a good day and good things are going to happen to me today! I had the best birthday ever because I changed my attitude and mindset. My circumstances were the same and I didn't get to see any of my friends due to lockdown. But I had an amazing day.

How did I do that? Have joy and hope despite my circumstances?

1. I pray to God to help me have hope and joy no matter what happens that day.

I went to go in prayer before I got out of bed and poured out my heart to Him. I asked Him to help me have joy and hope no matter what happens today. I continued through the day to seek Him by reading His word, worshiping Him, praying to Him throughout the day, and listened to Him. To have joy and hope despite circumstances, you can't do that alone. You have to pray to God, seek God, and have God on your side.

I changed my mindset today: "No matter what life throws at me today. I am going to be happy and enjoy my birthday."

2. You have to change your mindset to: "No matter what life throws at me today. I am going to be happy and enjoy my day because I have God on my side and with God on my side, I can do all things (Philippians 4:13). You will probably have to say that statement to yourself a lot but it truly does work because God will help you (Psalm 121:1-2).

3.At the end of the day, I praise God and woke up the next day with that same attitude

Even when you don't feel like praising God, praise God! Turn on your favorite worship music and sing your heart out to God. We have so many things to praise God for because: He is so good (Psalm 31:19), He is faithful (Psalm 33:4), He always keeps His promises (Deuteronomy 7:9), and He sent His one and only Son to die on the cross for US! (John 3:16)  Praising God pleases God and helps you fix your eyes on God and not your circumstances. Then the next day, just do all these things again. I did all the same things again and now I am having a wonderful day today too.

No matter your circumstances, you can find joy and hope in God (Lamentations 3:21-26).

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I do all these steps that I find true joy and hope in you. I pray that as I seek you that you draw near to me. I pray that you bless me with everything I need to make it through each and everyday. I praise you be with all those who are hurting right now and heal them. I pray you be with all the workers. Help them, heal them, and keep them safe. I pray you wrap your arms around everyone right now because we need you Lord. With covid-19 going strong, I know that you are strong. I praise you for your goodness, love, and never ending mercy. I praise you because you are so good, faithful, you keep all your promises, and you sent your only Son to die for me.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are doing well! I am praying for all of you! Thank you so much for reading! I love you all❤️💜💖

-xoxo Caty❤️💜💖 @catyloveswriting