Hope❤️

Hope❤️

Verse: " 'This hope [this confident assurance] we have as an anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whatever pressure bears upon it]—a safe and steadfast hope that enters within the veil [of the heavenly temple, that most Holy Place in which the very presence of God dwells],'"
Hebrews 6:19

Maybe right now, you are really struggling. Maybe you are battling depression, anxiety, stress, mental illness, chronic illness, cancer, or maybe you lost a loved one. No matter what we are going through: we need to anchor our hope in God.

Lately I know I have been battling with depression so hope has been hard for me. But thankfully my stomach has been doing better!! Praise God! I am still struggling with physical pain from fibromyalgia and depression. But my depression has gotten better and now I am seeing a therapist. So I feel really hopeful! And we all need to put our hope in God.

How do we anchor and put our hope in God?

You seek Him by: reading His word, praying for hope, listening for Him, and worshiping Him. Also you need to trust and depend on Him. Which is much easier said than done. But we have to remember that: God is good. (Psalm 31:19), God is always faithful. (Psalm 33:4), and God is trustworthy (1 Corinthians 1:9) So even when we are struggling, we need to put our hope, faith, and trust in God. Because God will never leave us nor forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5) God is good even when life isn't.

Now back to hope, how we put our hope in God is to not put our hope in worldly things like people or circumstances. Because people and circumstances are always changing like the weather. But God is the same, today, tomorrow, and forever. (Psalm 102:27) God will give you His hope if you go to Him and seek Him.

But you can't just pray one time for hope and be done. You have to continue to seek God by reading His word, praying to Him, asking Him for hope, listening for Him, and worshiping Him. But as you seek Him, He will draw near to you. (Psalm 125:1,2) As you seek Him, you can build a strong and good relationship with Him. And as you seek Him you will learn more about Him and grow closer to Him. So this doesn't happen overnight, you have to keep seeking Him and keep praying. But I promise you, it is worth it to seek God and learn more about God.

Always remember that with God on your side, you can do anything!  (Matthew 19:26) So you can have hope and make it through whatever you are going through!

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I seek you by reading your word, praying to you, listening for you, and worshiping you that you bless me with your hope. Hope that is in you and not people or circumstances. I pray that as I seek you I learn more about you and grow closer to you. I pray that you grab my hand and walk through life with you by my side. Because with you on my side Lord, I know I can do all things. I thank you for your grace, love, hope, and goodness. I believe in you and I believe you hear me. I believe you will help me.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful❤️ I hope you are having a wonderful day! I hope you are doing well❤️

Thank you so much for reading! I love you all❤️

-Caty From SGC❤️