Jesus +Nothing= Everything

How often do we as Christians actually take time to spend time with Jesus? Now I am not talking about those times when we say a little prayer and ask God for what we need or want, I am talking about actually taking time to focus on Jesus.  To speak with him, to be with him, to listen to what he has to say through the Bible. If you are anything like me,  it is often a struggle to make time for Jesus on a regular basis. Other things seem to be more important like seeing how many likes you got on instagram, or focusing on a big test coming up, or texting your boyfriend or girlfriend.  We live in a world of Jesus plus. Jesus plus Technology,  Jesus plus Dating, Jesus plus a new car, or even  Jesus plus popularity.  But in the grand scheme of things that factor other than Jesus should be the word nothing.  Jesus plus nothing equals everything. Here is an example. Imagine your Best friend invites you to this really cool slumber party.  You would get really excited for a fun night with your best friend. How often do we get that excited about spending time with Jesus? Just think how many more people would come to know Jesus if Jesus was everything. That if we didn't need anything else.  No cell phones or tablets. No instagram or snapchat. If we were more focused on helping people get to know Jesus that satisfying our own worldly desires.
Matthew 6:33 says
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

In other words when we focus and seek God's kingdom first he will add what he desires you to have. So the next time you are tempted to say I love Jesus but I also would like....... Say NO! Jesus is enough, he is EVERYTHING!!!

I was inspired to write this after realizing how much time I spend thinking about other things rather than God. Which is why I am taking a break from Wattpad. I realized that Jesus alone was what I needed, especially with my crazy schedule etc. I'M GOING TO MISS EVERYONE SO MUCH!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Always remember that Jesus is your everything, and that he is enough! Love ya!

~Emmy/mockingjayofnaboo