Being thankful❤️

Being thankful❤️

Verse: "'I will thank You forever, because You have done it, [You have rescued me and kept me safe]. I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.'"
Psalms 52:9

It's so easy in our society today to focus on our problems and not our blessings. It's easy to feel down and sad about the problems we are facing. But we are not looking at life the way God wants us to. God wants us to focus on Him, count our blessings, and be thankful.

I know lately all I have been doing is focusing on my fibromyalgia. Which isn't good or healthy. I am very sorry to all of you because I am writing these devotionals about God, not myself. Now I am going to be doing this with all of you: I will start focusing on God, counting my blessings, and being thankful.

How do you start focusing on God?

By seeking God through prayer, worship, listening to Him, and reading the Bible. As you spend time seeking God, you will grow closer to God and the more you will know about God.

Also you need to change your mindset to stop focusing on your problems and circumstances and fix your eyes on God. You change your mindset by seeking God and asking God to renew your mind. God will renew your mind as you spend time seeking Him. Because when we draw near to God, God will draw near to us. (Psalm 125:1-2)

As one of my favorite authors and speakers Joyce Meyer says: "We all have a part (in a relationship with God). God has a part and we have a part. We have to do our part (by seeking God) because God will not do our part."

Now we need to count our blessings and be thankful.

How do you do that?

Make lists everyday of things you are thankful for and praise God for the things on your list.

Here is my list:

I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my pets.
I am thankful for my friends.
I am thankful to go to college everyday.
I am thankful for my really nice car.
I am thankful I have the ability to crochet blankets and donate those blankets to people in need.
I am thankful for my ministry: "Jesus Saves Ministry.
I am thankful for my growing podcasts: "Jesus Saves Ministry Podcast" and "Chronically Caty."
I am thankful for my good grades in college.
I am thankful for coffee! My favorite drink!
I am thankful that my liver is doing good and my colon is doing good.
I am thankful that I finally have a doctor to help me treat my fibromyalgia.

That is my list today and today I will thank God for everything that is on my list. I hope that you write your own list and praise God for your blessings. Because we always have more blessings than problems. We need to praise and thank God for every blessing and not focus on our problems.

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I seek you by reading your word, talking to you, worshiping you, and listening for you that I build a strong and close relationship with you. Help me renew my mind to be focused on you and my blessings and not my problems. Help me as I write lists of my blessings that I become more thankful and praise you for everything on my list. I love you Lord and I live to serve you. I praise you for your goodness, grace, and love.

I thank you for Your Son and all my many blessings.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Thank you so much for reading! Have a blessed day! I love you all❤️

-Caty From SGC❤️