Prayer and devotional

yesterday as I was scrolling pinterest, I saw a quote that kind of caught me off guard. It was a tumblr post and it said "Disappointed, but not surprised is a whole mood for 2019." Whether we realize it or not - we proclaim our future by our words and actions. I feel like heartbreak has been put in a glorious light and it's often glamorized. Hear me - there is NOTHING beautiful about having your heart ripped out and broken! Nothing at all. But so many people think it's 'cool' for a boy to use a girl, for bestfriends to split ways, or just anything that involves emotions and pain.

I want to start a new trend. Instead of saying "Disappointed, but not surprised." say "Surprised, but not disappointed."

God wants us to lean on him throughout the hardship of our lives. And instead of being disappointed by a situation and the way it turned out.. Just trust that God knows best. You might be hurt and it will probably take awhile for your healing process to begin, but know this.. God might allow us to go through not so fun circumstances, but there's always a purpose. Don't live your life inside your disappointments! Learn from them.

Today as you go throughout your day, remember that God is near even when we cannot feel him. He continues to guide us even in the hardest of battles! Let's pray now, okay?

Dear Heavenly Father, first and foremost we thank you for everything you do for us. We thank you that you put each of us on this earth for a purpose even when that purpose is not yet clear. We thank you for being gracious with us when life doesn't add up with what you spoke into our hearts. Lord, we ask you that you may begin to heal those who need it & show them that you are always there even when we feel alone. I thank you for the work you are already beginning to do. in jesus name amen.

I hope this encouraged you & please comment your thoughts! Love you all!

~Alex