Worry

Worry

Verse: "Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God."
Philippians 4:6

Worry.

Maybe right now, you are really struggling with worry. Maybe you are worried about money, school, work, friends, and your family. Maybe you feel really overwhelmed and don't know what to do. Here is what you need to do: cast your cares to God by seeking God through worship, prayer, reading His word, and listening for Him. God will give you his peace so you don't have to worry anymore (Isaiah 49:13)!

At church the other day my pastor said something I really loved: "Worry is like cancer. First you are worried about money and then it spreads to being worried about your family. It's just getting spreading and spreading." I believe that! I believe that if we don't go to God through prayer, we will continue to worry, feel stressed, overwhelmed, and anxious.

But when we go to God by seeking Him through by telling Him all our worries, fears, and doubts. God will be there to help us (Psalm 121:1-2), listen to us, and love us (Psalm 136:1). Then we need to cast our cares to God which is when we stop worrying and give our carries to God. We need to say: "God, I am done worrying! I am casting my cares to you!" When we begin to worry, we need to stop ourselves and remember that God is taking care of it. So we don't have to worry! God is in control and He will help us (Psalm 121:1-2).

Then we need to continue to seek God through prayer, worship, reading His word, and listening for you. You can't just pray once and be done, you need to continue to seek God. As you seek God, He will draw near to you (Psalm 125:1-2). As you seek God, He will bless you with peace, love, joy, hope, rest, guidance, wisdom, and whatever else you need. God will give you the strength to stop worrying but instead to trust in Him (Phillpians 4:13).

Because with God on our side, we can overcome worry (Matthew 19:26)! We can trust in God that He has an amazing plan for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11). So cast your cares to God and seek Him! Just watch as amazing things happen!

Dear God,

I am worried about (fill in the blank about what you are worried about). But I am done with worrying! I am casting my cares to you Lord. I pray that as I seek you that I become close to you. I pray that as I seek you, you bless me with everything I need to overcome worry. I know Lord that with you by my side, I can overcome and do anything! So I ask that you grab my hand and walk through life with you by my side. I praise you for your love, goodness, mercy, and forgiveness. I thank you for listening to me and I believe you hear me. I believe you will help me and I thank you Lord for helping and hearing me.

I thank you Lord for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are having an amazing day! I hope you have an amazing week! Thank you so much for reading! I love you❤️💖💜

-Caty From SGC❤️💜💖