Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus

Verses: 'Therefore we do not become discouraged [spiritless, disappointed, or afraid]. Though our outer self is [progressively] wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day by day. For our momentary, light distress [this passing trouble] is producing for us an eternal weight of glory [a fullness] beyond all measure [surpassing all comparisons, a transcendent splendor and an endless blessedness]! So we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are unseen; for the things which are visible are temporal [just brief and fleeting], but the things which are invisible are everlasting and imperishable.'
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

I love this verse below because it was written by Paul. Paul is one of my favorite people in the Bible (Besides Jesus) because Paul struggled with true suffering but he also wrote about joy during suffering. Paul had a thorn in his side, he was put in prison, but he also wrote about how that even when we are suffering we can have joy because we have Christ. And that this world is broken but if we look to God, we can find everything we need. Because though we live in this world, this world is not our home. Our home is in Heaven with Jesus.

In this world, we will have trouble, trials, pain, sorrow, and suffering. But in John 16:31-33 Jesus tells us to have hope because He has overcome the world. In the verses above Paul is telling us that yes we will struggle, but we can go to Jesus and find strength. We can run into God's arms and He will be there to help us and be there for us (Psalm 121:1-2)

Paul also wants to remind us that the earth is not our home. Our home is in Heaven with Jesus! So we need to fix our eyes on Jesus and remember that yes we are struggling but God has an amazing plan for us (Jeremiah 29:11). Yes we may suffer on this earth but in Heaven there will be no more suffering (Psalm 97:6). Yes we may suffer but we can have victory in Jesus (Matthew 19:26). Because with God on our side, we can do anything (Philippians 4:13).

So seek God through worship, prayer, reading His word, and listening for Him. He will draw near to you (Psalm 125:1-2). He will bless you with everything you need to fight the battle you are facing and win (Isaiah 49:13)! Then as we seek Him daily we can fix our eyes on Jesus.

I believe in you. God believes in you (Hebrews 13:5). You can and will get through this (Phillpians 4:13). I love you. God loves you so much more (John 3:16).

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I seek you that I grow close to you. God I pray that you bless me with everything I need to get through the storm I am facing. I can't get through this without you Father. I ask that you can into my heart and help me. I pray that everyday you are here by my side. I pray that you be all those who are working doing covid-19. I pray you bless everyone who is working and heal everyone who is sick. Even though that covid-19 is scary, I know that with you by my side. I can do anything. I praise you for your goodness, mercy, and never ending love. I praise you because you are a good Father. I love you Lord!

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I love you so much. Thank you so much for reading!❤️💜💖

-xoxo Caty❤️💜💖