How to trust and take refuge in God

How to trust and take refuge in God❤️

Verse: "'O Israel, trust and take refuge in the Lord ! [Be confident in Him, cling to Him, rely on His word!] He is their help and their shield.'"
Psalms 115:9

Maybe right now, you are really struggling. Maybe you are battling a mental illness, chronic illness, cancer, depression, anxiety, stress, or maybe you have lost a loved one. No matter what you are going through, God wants you to: trust and take refuge in Him.

Lately I know I have been very busy and stressed with college. I have been struggling with physical pain due to going to school everyday and doing homework all the time. I have been in pain but my pain is much better than it used to be so praise God I am better and I am able to go to school! My mood has even when better so praise God again! Everyday I try to also spend time reading my bible and talking to God. I feel I completely trust and take refuge in God.

Trusting in God is tough but the more time you spend talking with God, reading His word, and listening for Him the more you will come to know God. The more you know about God, you will be able to see that He is completely trustworthy.

If you are struggling with trusting in God, remember all of His promises:

God will love you forever. (Psalm 136:1)

God will never leave you. (Hebrews 13:5)

God will comfort you. (Isaiah 49:13)

God will help you and always be there for you. (Psalm 121:1-2)

God is always faithful. (Psalm 33:4)

God keeps His promises. (Deuteronomy 7:9)

God is good. (Psalm 31:19)

With God on your side, you can do anything! (Matthew 19:26)

God has an amazing plan for your life. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I don't understand why at the age of 19 that I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. But I do know that God has used my pain for good by how I was able to completely trust in God. Now I am closer to God than I have been before. God can take your mess and turn it into His message for His kingdom. Your pain is not wasted. God will use your pain and turn it into something good for His kingdom.

If you are struggling with trusting in God, that's okay! Just go to God and tell Him how you truly feel because trust in God takes time. Remember this verse: "'It is better to take refuge in the Lord Than to trust in man.'"Psalms 118:8 But always go to God and let Him be your refuge.

No matter what you are going through: God wants you to come to Him. God wants you to run into His arms. In God's arms, God will love you, comfort you, help you, guide you, forgive you, and much more. God will give you His joy, hope, peace, rest, guidance, wisdom, grace, and so much more.

God is waiting for you, so go to Him! He can't wait to see you.

Prayer:

Dear God,

I am running into your arms. I want to take refuge in you. So please come by my side, grab my hand, and walk through life with you by my side. Help me as I seek you by reading your word, talking with you, and listening to you that I grow closer to you. Help me as I come to know you that I trust in you. I want to completely trust in you Lord so please help me do so as I seek you. I praise you for listening to me because I believe you hear my cries and you will help me. I thank you for your goodness, grace, and love. I praise you because you are so good.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful❤️ I hope you enjoyed this! Thank you so much for reading! I love you so much❤️

-Caty From SGC❤️