How to overcome shame

Verse: '[looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God [revealing His deity, His authority, and the completion of His work]. '

Hebrews 12:2

****trigger warning: I talk about my abusive boyfriend, I don't talk about what he did but I do say abuse*****

For many years, shame was my friend. After finally breaking up with my abusive boyfriend, all I felt was shame. I left him when I was 16 and now as I am 21 I have finally learning to heal from all the pain he caused me. But I don't have to live in shame. Jesus defeated shame when He died on the cross. You don't have to live in shame either!

There is a difference between guilt and shame. Guilt is when you have done something wrong and you feel bad about it. Shame is when you believe something is wrong with you. Shame makes you want to run away from God because you feel worthless. You feel God could never love you. Those are LIES!

God loves you so much (John 3:16). God doesn't want you to live in shame. He wants you to run into His arms by seeking Him through prayer. He wants you to tell Him everything you are feeling. He will be there to listen and help you (Isaiah 49:13).

Now just going to God once will not heal your shame. You have to continue to seek God by reading His word, talking to Him, listening to Him, and worshiping Him. Letting go of shame is a process and doesn't happen overnight. But God will be there with you, every step of the way (Hebrews 13:5).

God will be there to give you everything you need to overcome shame (Deuteronomy 7:9). Because you can and will overcome shame with God by your side! Because you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Phillpians 4:13).

Prayer:

Dear God,

God, I am battling shame. I know I can't overcome shame without you. So I pray that you come to me and help me. Grab my hand and walk through life with me. I need you Lord and I love you. I know that with you by my side, I can do all things. I ask that you bless me with everything I need to overcome shame. I praise you for your goodness, love, and never ending mercy. You are a good father. I thank you for listening to me. I believe that you hear me and that you will help me.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you are having an amazing day! I get to start my school of ministry on Monday and I am so excited!❤️ thank you for all your love, prayers, and support!💖

Thank you so much for reading!💜

I love you all!☀️

-Caty From SGC❤️💖☀️💜