Chapter 28- Save You

For a second, the world around me just... disappears. I can't hear anything, and there's ringing of silence in my ears. Even when Soraru grabs me, I can't hear anything. I can feel him grabbing my shoulders, and see him open his mouth, shouting frantically. But there's no sound coming out. My mind is just focused on one thing.

###.

She fell into the lake.... and it's all my fault

I have to save her. 

Breaking free from Soraru, I run towards the lake, and plunge head-first into the cold water. 

Swimming around, I scan the water

Swimming around, I scan the water. It's hard to see anything because there's so much litter everywhere. ###-chan... Where are you, I think in my head. Diving a bit deeper, I see a body among the plastic bags. 

The person is wearing black clothes and black hair. It's definitely ###! Stretching a hand out, I manage to grab her sweater. There's no time to lose. My lungs are bursting and if I don't get ###-chan out of the water soon, there's a real chance she could die. Swimming up, we eventually break to the surface with a splash. 

Sprawled out, lying on the grass and panting, I'm exhausted. Leaning over ###, I put my hand over her mouth. There's just the faintest puff of breath. That's enough at least. Hugging her wet body with the last of my strength, I collapse beside her. At least I've saved her. Closing my eyes, the last thing I see is Soraru running over with a phone in his hands, with a terrified look on his face.