Chapter 26- Runaway

"Mafumafu-san!"

Quickly, me and Soraru jump out of our seats to chase after Mafumafu. I can hear the audience chatting loudly, wondering what's going on. But I don't care at the moment. "Mafu-kun!" Soraru calls out, but Mafumafu keeps on running and doesn't turn around. He's fast. "Wait up!" He calls out again, but to no avail. Just then, I spot Luz. "Luz-san! Please help us catch Mafumafu-san!" I shout desperately. Unfortunately, it attracted a lot of attention. 

"Luz-san?" 

"He's here?!"

"Kyaa! It's Luz-kun!!"

Luz swears under his breath as the fangirls start to surround him. "Crap! Sorry, ###-chan and Soraru-kun, but I'm surrounded! I'll catch up later!" He yells as they start clamouring around him. Soraru groans, and we both continue to run, even farther behind now. 

"Mafumafu-san!" I yell, trying my best to keep my eyes on his white hair while trying not to bump into anyone

"Mafumafu-san!" I yell, trying my best to keep my eyes on his white hair while trying not to bump into anyone. We've been running for a long time now, and the lanterns and bright lights seem to hurt our eyes and distract us. "I'm sorry!" I call back, as I bump into a nearby couple. Meanwhile, Soraru almost crashes into a stall. "Sorry, we're in a hurry!" he shouts, as the man there looks annoyed and waves his fist at Soraru as he runs away, calling him a raven-haired delinquent. Hopefully he doesn't recognise him. Just then, I see Mafumafu slip away to the pathway that leads to the park. Quickly, I follow him. 

Entering the park, I can see Mafumafu catching his breath near a grassy area not too far from me

Entering the park, I can see Mafumafu catching his breath near a grassy area not too far from me. "There you are, Mafumafu-san!" I yell, and he jumps in surprise. Mafumafu starts to run again, and I start dashing after him, desperate not to let him get away this time. Not realising I'm running on the edge of the pathway, my shoes slip and I fall into the lake.