Chapter 47: The Disappearance of the Yamamoto Sisters

"No... That won't work."

I sigh, and watch Soraru pinch the bridge of his nose tiredly - a habit of his that he's seemed to develop recently. I haven't seem him smile for a long time, I think, and feel bitter. 

Before we can say anything, we both hear a knock on the door. Soraru getting up, I wonder to myself who it might be. After all, we don't usually get knocks at the door and we aren't exactly social with either of our neighbours... 

Surprisingly, it's Luz. He's wearing a black shirt and denim jeans, hands shoved in pockets casually. Even more surprisingly, he looks a bit bashful.

"Hey, Soraru-bo, Mafu-kun, have you seen Kirika-chan?" Luz asks, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "I was kind of hoping she'd be here, since you know...."

"No, Kirika-san isn't here." I snap in reply, unable to hold back my bitterness.

"She's been listed as a missing person since last week, unlike ###-chan. The media couldn't give a damn about the poorer people because the only thing they want is a f**king scoop." I add quietly. Luz looks at me in a mixture of disbelief and confusion.

"Wait, the Yamamoto sisters went missing?"

Soraru explaining what's happened so far since the concert, Luz listens to him, ears peeled and eyes wide. He's clearly panicking, because by the time Soraru gets up to the more recent events, he's trembling in fright.

"We have to go find them now!" Luz exclaims, standing up from his chair. "Another day and who knows-"

"Luz, we can't!" Soraru suddenly shouts back, startling both me and him.

"We don't have any leads or clues - and Kirika-san lives all the way somewhere in Tokyo! We don't even know her address, let alone ###'s."

###.... Suddenly, an idea pops up in my head.

"Soraru-san! I think I know where she might be!"