Chapter 65: Over, Part 2

"Cousin... Giichi?"

At once, the guards come to a halt, and all eyes turn towards the door.

Kaori. 

But what is she doing here, of all places? Cousin? Just then, Kaori notices me. 

"Oh! Mister!" She exclaims, surprised, "Why are you tied up? Did Giichi do this to you?" 

Unable to answer her, I nod frantically. Daichi meanwhile, looks momentarily frustrated, before his mood changes. 

"That's right! I'm Giichi!" He lies, tone laced with cheer, "Don't worry, Kaori-chan - I did it because they're all bad people. You understand, right?" As he speaks, he's struggling to get ### off him. 

"That's not Giichi!" I shout angrily, surprising the both of them, "That man is Daichi, his brother, and he killed him!" 

The room is silent. 

Looking hurt and afraid, Kaori's lip trembles as she looks at Daichi in disbelief.

"I-Is that true?" She asks. 

"O-Of course not!" Daichi replies nervously, sweating bullets, "I-"

"Yeah, it's the truth," ### interrupts, then grins down at Daichi craftily, "You didn't lie to my face, did you?" 

Daichi glares. 

The guards seem to have changed their motive, and the one holding ### takes his hands off her.

".....Yeah, it's true," Daichi admits in a monotone. 

This causes a tear to run down Kaori's cheek, and she starts sobbing.

"H-How could you do that to him?" She whispers, "Y-You murderer!"

The guards start to mutter amongst themselves as well. 

"I thought we were serving the first son..." One says, scratching his neck. 

"Knew the kid was acting up recently, never knew where his younger brother went," Another comments.

Daichi doesn't say a word. 

"TAKE HIM AWAY!!!!" Kaori screeches, and the guards spring to action, seemingly turning against Daichi once and for all.

"Now, what's going on?"