Chapter 2-Back to Reality

"Oh, snap!"

 I wake up with a jolt, grab my alarm clock, and look at the time, 10 in the morning. I sigh, and get up. But as soon as I take one step away from my bed, I hear a spine-chilling creak. Shoot. I look back at my bed and sigh, one of these days, it's going to collapse. Probably soon. With one last glance at my bed, I open my clothes drawer, and pull out an grey XL shirt I got from a thrift store, as well as too-tight jeans that were at an "ALL MUST GO!" sale at G-star RAW, for only ¥143. 72 . It's not exactly fancy, but it's what I have. Lastly, I put on black Doc Martens I got from my older sister in Tokyo a year ago. I guess she gave it to me because she felt guilty about not being in contact for 2 years. I'd feel the same way if I were in her position.  

I sigh and look at my broken mirror, what am I going to do with my life? Is is how I'm always gonna be? Just some sad, lonely college student? I walk to my door, but hear the oh-so-familiar sound of rustling papers between my feet. Just what I needed. I groan and look down, as usual, there is a stack of papers beneath my feet about my rent. I quickly flick through the papers. Lighting, power, hot water..., I facepalm. This is worse than I expected, no power means I don't have any light as well as any heating. The worst part is that it's nearly winter, and temperatures can reach as low as 4 degrees in Osaka, which means I'm screwed and probably won't make it to March. It's January right now, I expect I will freeze to death in February. Well, nothing I can do about that. Not like anyone's gonna miss me. Lucky me, winter hasn't hit yet, so I'm okay for a while. I put the papers on the table, I'll worry about these later, I think to myself. I walk out of my apartment, stepping into the cloudy atmosphere of the Tennoji Area. I'm going to the park since it's the weekends, plus there isn't much for me to do since I can't even buy anything. 

I shiver a bit in the cold air of the park, it's cold; but not that cold I need a jumper. I'm halfway through my walk, but then I hear what sounds like a scream. "Waa! Get off me!" the voice yells. By instinct, I quickly run to the source of the voice.