Chapter 36 - The Perfect House

After 30 minutes of racing across the streets with Daichi, dodging poles, benches, animals and passer-by, we finally arrive in front of his house, me out of breath. 

"T-That was way too fast, Daichi-kun. Where... in hell do you even get that type of energy?" I ask him between panting gasps, physical activity was never my strong suit and it probably never will be. Daichi just laughs.

"Ah, come on! Don't be like that~" Daichi teases me, poking my cheek. "And we're at my house anyways! You can go ahead and rest as soon we get inside," Cheerfully skipping up the stairs, he rummages in his pocket for the key. Humming as he unlocks it, I wait. 

"Ah, here we go!" Daichi exclaims suddenly, swinging open the door. Stepping to the side, he lets me go in first. 

"Ladies first!" He says, smiling sweetly.

"Ooh..." I say in awe, looking around. Daichi's house is amazing; clean, wide and classy. He really meant what he sad back there in the park. It really does look like the perfect house, even more impressive than Mafumafu's. Mafumafu... My heart twists in my chest, remembering the events of the past few months. Pushing them to the back of my mind, I force a smile onto my face. Forget about it, I tell myself. New house, new life, what's there not to be happy about? And I can forget about them too, that they ever existed. I can wipe this mess from my life, I think, giving myself an inner pep talk. 

"Come on, ###-chan! I wanna show you the study room!" Daichi says cheerfully. As if reading my mind, he adds "Ah, my father's out at work now! He won't be back till like six, so that's plenty of time for me to give you a house tour. Come on!" Sighing, I follow him up the white stairs. He has the energy of a seven year old, but I guess he's reliable. I can trust Daichi.

...Right?