Chapter 37 - Fear and Frustration

"Soraru-san!"

"I already said I was sorry, Mafu-kun! Now, how do we get her back?"

"Oh, I don't know! Maybe if you're the person that threw her out, maybe you know where she ran off to and how to get her back by some chance?!"

We had been fighting for the whole morning already, me and Soraru. All blaming it on each other on why ### left, but it's obviously Soraru's. He threw a literal glass at her! He hurt her. Remembering this, my body shakes, and gritting my teeth, I ball my hands into fists. It's scary being this angry, and I attempt to calm down by taking a deep breath in.

"Well, whatever. We just have to find her. She couldn't have gone that far in one night," I reason, trying to think about the situation. I really hope I'm right.

"Uh, hello? Taxis? Uber drivers? Creepy old man?" Soraru sarcastically shoots back. "She could be in Kyoto for all we care!" 

"Shut up! I don't want to think about that!" I retort angrily. 

"Why, you little..." Soraru growls, and reaches his hand up to slap me, and I close my eyes, bracing for the impact.

When I open my eyes, I can see Soraru trembling. 

"I can't ... do it," Soraru whispers, before falling to the ground on his knees, tears dropping onto the wooden floor. "I'm so... I'm so sorry Mafu-kun, I don't know who I am anymore," He lets out a sob, scrunching his hair with his hands while tears pour down his red, screwed up face.

"Forgive me, please forgive me," Soraru whispers, crying. I sit down, wrapping my arms around his shaking body. Caressing his raven black hair and moving his hands away, I smile gently. 

"It's ok, Soraru-san. I'm sorry for getting mad too," I reply, smiling softly. As we stay there, me comforting Soraru and him crying, it's almost as if the roles were reversed than back then. When I was still being bullied. My smile fades for a moment as I remember those days. When I was still weak, and needed someone to protect me. It's time for me to protect Soraru and ### now, it's my turn. I'll be strong for them. I'll get ### back, I tell myself determinedly. 

Don't worry, ###. I'm coming to save you.