Chapter 10- The Utaite Named Soraru-san, Part 2

I wake up, gasping. Looking around, I see that it's already night time. But that's not all, I can feel something weighing down my bed. "So you're up?" I hear a voice say, with a sort of drawl. I look to the corner of my bed, it's the same guy from earlier, Soraru. But this time, he isn't wearing a mask. Now I take a closer look at him, he has raven-black hair, soft features, and periwinkle pink lips, he's almost as attractive as Mafumafu, but their looks seem a mile apart. Mafumafu's pale complexion gives off the appearance of somewhat an angel, while Soraru looks like a fallen angel, with a more darker, yet peaceful aura. No wonder their duets sound so good. "It's about time you got up", he continues "We're about to have dinner.". I nod, getting out of bed. But Soraru suddenly stops me, grabbing my hand "Wait", he says. I look at him, my expression asking the question. "Are you okay? Earlier, I noticed you were breathing heavily as you went to your room and I was worried. We couldn't stop the video, of course, but I was worrying the whole time.", he says. I look up at him, surprised that he cares so much. "I'm fine...", I trail off, but my head suddenly hurts. He sees me wince in pain, and sighs "Liar", Soraru says, folding his arms. "Soraru-san" I say, not sure why I'm going to tell him, he looks up at me. "I think my headache has to do with the dream I had." 

Soraru listens to my dream recount with open ears, seeming both interested and disturbed, especially at the part where I get beaten up. "But I don't know if it was a dream, or a flashback", I say at the end nervously. I look up at Soraru, what does he think? "That's interesting, ###-chan", Soraru says after a pause. "So you were bullied at school because you listened to Mafumafu-san, right?" Soraru asks, stroking his chin thoughtfully. I nod, "But I don't blame him-", I start to say, but then Soraru cuts me off. "Actually", he says "Mafumafu was a bit like you a long time ago. He had a bully as well, but I made him go away. I didn't let him hurt Mafumafu anymore, and I never will". Soraru looks down and clenches his fist, nails digging into his hand. He notices I look worried, and smiles reassuringly. "Don't worry, ###-chan", he says, ruffling my hair "It's all in the past. I won't let him get hurt again, so don't worry".  Knowing that Soraru wants me to feel better makes me feel warm inside, he's so nice. Suddenly, Mafumafu pops around the door. "Guys! C'mon, dinner's getting cold!" Soraru laughs "Salad doesn't get cold, dummy", he says. "Oh, are you guys hugging? Let me join in too!", Mafumafu says, running towards the bed, getting ready to jump on us. Me and Soraru yell as Mafumafu crash lands in the middle of us, making the bed bounce a bit. Amazingly, it doesn't break. The three of us burst into laughter, hair messy, cheeks red, and delirious with happiness. 

As we enter the dining room, Soraru notices the salad on the table. "Whoa, Mafumafu-san!", he says, grinning. 

Mafumafu smiles shyly "I'm glad you like it, Soraru-san!", he says blushing proudly

Mafumafu smiles shyly "I'm glad you like it, Soraru-san!", he says blushing proudly. I look from behind Soraru, it looks good. "You're a good cook huh, Mafumafu-san?" I ask, admiring the food. He smiles "Hehe, thanks ###-chan! But not really, I just decided recently decided to try cooking different things, since I mostly have cup noodles. As you can probably tell from my room", he laughs awkwardly. "It's okay, my room was way messier than yours anyways. You should have seen the state of it, papers and takeaway all around", I smirk. I look in the distance, thinking of my old house. I never liked it anyway, but I can't help but feel a bit sad at it getting repossessed. What'll happen to it now? Ah well, at least the next tenant will take better care of it after it get renovated hopefully, that place was a dump. Mafumafu notices me looking out of the window, "You have that look again, ###-chan. Those sad puppy eyes, are you okay?", he asks, concerned. "Puppy eyes?!" I protest, embarrassed. "You're the one with the face of a doll!", I say, accusingly pointing a finger at him and blushing. Mafumafu blushes "Kyaa!", he wails. Soraru chuckles and folds his arms "She's not wrong, you know", he grins. Me and Soraru share a look, he smirks, and I smirk back. Great minds think alike. 

After a night of making fun of each others looks, it's time for Soraru to go back to his house. Soraru smiles and waves "Bye ###-chan and Mafumafu-san", he says, and turns to Mafumafu. "Don't forget we have a song recording on Saturday, okay?", asks Soraru, putting his hand on Mafumafu's shoulder. Mafumafu nods enthusiastically, "Okay! I won't forget, promise!", he beams. I smile, I guess he really likes singing, huh? Soraru nods and turns to leave, walking off into the cold night.

Pulling my mask over my face to avoid anyone finding out my identity, I walk along the back streets of Osaka to my house

Pulling my mask over my face to avoid anyone finding out my identity, I walk along the back streets of Osaka to my house. I can't stop thinking about that girl, ###. How did she come to live with Mafumafu in the first place? I suppose it doesn't matter, she seems like a nice person. I smile under my mask, remembering the events. We had so much fun, and dinner was amazing. Suddenly a shadow crosses over my eyes. ### was just like Mafumafu, bullied, both harassed and hurt, both of them couldn't do anything at all, and ### didn't have the bravery to ask for help like Mafumafu did. She gave up, having no one to turn to. I stop and look down, I've decided. I'm going to protect the both of them, no matter what happens.  

Mafumafu yawns, stretching his arms. "Ah, it's so late. Oh god, you need to go to university tomorrow, right? I really should have told you to sleep earlier, and it's  9 pm...", he mumbles. I sigh "Don't worry," I reassure him "I have a talent for pulling all nighters and waking up at like 3 am, no worries.", I say, giving him a thumbs up. "That's so unhealthy!" Mafumafu protests "You need to sleep earlier than that, ###-chan!". "But we're literally the same age", I argue "I don't need to sleep early". "Still, I think you should get some sleep", Mafumafu says "You're going to university after all". I sigh, he's right. "Well, if I'm going to sleep, I want you to sleep as well. I worry about you just as much as you worry about me, you know.", I say. As the both of us head inside, I notice that he still has that happy blush on his face. "What are you smiling for?", I ask, looking at him. "Nothing", replies Mafumafu cheerfully. After having my shower and heading to bed, I go to bed, snuggling inside the soft sheets and fluffy pillow. I'm still adjusting to my new life, but I still can't believe I'm here. I decide to be grateful for what I have, and face the window, staring at the stars until I fall asleep.