Chapter 59: Macarons and...?

"Hey you three! Let's go to my room and catch up!" Daichi says, walking over to us and smiling. I can see the malicious and hateful glint in his eyes, but play along- this is our chance. Don't worry ###, I think, smiling back at Daichi.

"Sure!"

Just as we're about to go, Daichi stops. 

"Oh, wait! I forgot that I bought macarons!" He says, rummaging into his pocket. Retrieving three brightly coloured ones; pale green, pink and purple, he hands them put to us. 

"No thank y-" I start to say, but Soraru pinches me. 

"Mafu-kun, we're in full view of Yako-san." He whispers in an urgent tone. "It would be rude to refuse a gift from her son, especially right in front of her. Let's just eat them and be over with it."

Meanwhile, Daichi tilts his head with sad puppy eyes. "You don't want them? But I bought them especially for you..." 

"Uh, we'll take them!" Soraru says quickly, and Daichi's face instantly lights up. 

"Yay!" He cheers, placing them in out hands. We obediently chew, and continue going up the stairs. 

As soon as we reach his room down the hallway, I can't hold my rage in anymore

"Oi!" I burst out. "Stop playing dumb! What did you do with ###-chan?!" 

As Soraru and Luz flinch at my voice, Daichi turns around, and just smiles. This only makes me even angrier - how can he be so calm about this?!

"TELL ME, YOU BASTARD!!!" I shout at Daichi desperately, grabbing him by the shirt. 

"Mafu-kun, calm down!" Soraru protests. "She'll hear us!" 

"How can you smile... After all you've done to her?" I ask him softly, and feel tears prick at the corners of my eyes. I'm not mad anymore, I just want to know why. "Daichi!" 

He just chuckles, and grins at me. 

"Isn't it obvious, Mafumafu-san? Because I love her. And someone like you...." Daichi makes eye contact with me - irises and pupils seeming full of..... nothing. 

"Isn't good enough for her."

Trembling, I release my grip - this man is terrifying. Meanwhile, Daichi tilts his head.

"Mafumafu-san, all this stress isn't good for you~" He says in a teasing tone, his eyes still with the same emptiness. "Maybe you and your buddies should sleep for a bit." 

"Wh-" I start to say, but suddenly feel drowsy. 

"Yeah, it was the macarons." Daichi says cheerfully, as if he's reading my mind. 

Suddenly, six men in black suits and sunglasses crowd into the room, and two each take hold of Luz and Soraru. I can feel hands on me as well, but I'm too weak to fight back against them. 

"Let go of me!" I shout at the men who are holding me, but they don't display any emotion. 

Daichi just smiles at us. "Now you three can join Kirika-chan~! It'll be a party - a SILENT party!" He laughs at his own bad joke. 

"Daichi, you..." Running out of energy to finish my sentence, the last thing I see is him. 

Then everything fades to black.