Chapter 54: Data, Part 3

"Hey, mister!"

I turn around, and see Kaori standing behind me. She has a small bag that smells like cinnamon, and walks towards me with it.

"I know that we only met today, but for taking me around the campus, I guess I wanted to thank you and all..." She says, and hands it to me. I take it from her hands, and check inside.

 I take it from her hands, and check inside

"....So I used the yen notes you gave me to buy this! I hope you like it, it cost all of what you gave me, mister!" Kaori finishes saying. My mouth instinctively waters. Wiping my mouth of the saliva, I pray she didn't see me doing something so indecent.  

"Uh, t-thanks." I say to her, smiling. She grins back childishly.

"No problem!!" I reply. Just then, I remember where I was supposed to be going. Putting back the bun back in its back, I turn back to Kaori.

"Kaori-chan, I need to go now." I say to her, quickly and gently. I try to conceal the impatience in my voice. Kaori looks dismayed for a bit, but after a moment nods.

"Okay! I hope I see you again. Be careful, okay?? Enjoy the bun too!" She says, running off and waving at me. I wave back, and smile until she's disappeared down the hall. 

"So, did you get his address?"

"Yeah. He lives a few streets away away from ###-chan in the Tennoji area. His house is pretty big - so it shouldn't be hard to find him."

Me, Soraru and Mafumafu are sitting in Soraru's car. Both of them at the front, with me at the back with my gift from Kaori. 

"We'll go there as soon as we can." Growls Mafumafu. "I don't want to waste any more time!"

As Soraru starts the car, I can feel a slight bitter taste in my cinnamon bun.