Chapter 32- Grief and Anger

As we head inside, Mafumafu has to sit down because he's shaking so much. Holding his head in his hands, his sobs ring out loud and clear as the cat lies on the table, dead, cold and wrapped in some old newspaper that Soraru fetched from the neighbour. An inappropriate place to put it, really. "Who... Who would do this?" Mafumafu whispers between hiccupping sobs. Reaching my hand over to comfort him, Soraru suddenly yells out. "Don't you DARE touch him! Haven't you already caused enough pain for Mafu-kun already?!" 

Freezing, we're both surprised by Soraru. "Just clear off already! YOU'RE the reason why all these stupid rumours started. Ever since you moved in... There's been nothing but trouble for me and him!" My eyes widen, and I feel close to tears. "How can you blame me all for this?! Mafumafu-san's the one who-" I stop in the middle of my sentence, narrowly avoiding a glass thrown my way. A shard scrapes my cheek, making blood run down the side of my face in a single, thin line. It's enough to make me back away. 

Panting, the red finally clears out of my vision and I realise what I've done. My gaze rests upon ###, who's standing against the door of the dining room, holding her bleeding cheek and eyes wide; scared. Oh god, I realise. I've hurt her. The words form in my mouth to say sorry, but it won't come out. Instead, I look down. "Go away, get out. You're not welcome at this house anymore. Stay away from me and Mafu-kun, and if I see you again... "

"I'll kill you."

There's a silence before ### breathes hard. "Fine. Like I could give a $#!+." She says bitterly. "I'll just die on the streets if that's what you want." With those words, she walks out of the room. In the distance, I hear the front door slam. She's gone. 

And it's all my fault.