Chapter 64: Over

"But if you don't want my help..."

"You can join him.

As Daichi rushes towards me with his knife, I panic instantly.

As my mind races, I suddenly remember what Kirika told me two years ago.

"If someone comes at you with a knife, the first thing to disarm them. You can do this by grabbing their wrist, but it's not always guaranteed that it'll work."

I'll take my chances, I think as I brace myself.

Time slows down as Daichi comes closer. With that crazy grin on his face, he raises his arm to stab me.

And I grab his wrist just in time.

"Gh-!!" As Daichi struggles to move his arm, I keep a firm grip, "###-chan!!" 

Reaching out his other arm in an attempt to grab me, I think quick, and lift my right knee to slam it under his crotch. He yells in pain, and falls to the ground - dropping the knife in the process. 

Picking up the knife, get on top of him and point the blade at his throat; having the upper hand for once. I notice Luz's eyebrows fly up in surprise at my stance, but unable to make any comment. 

"It's over, Daichi-kun," I say, in as brave a voice I can manage, "Let my friends and sister go."

Everyone's eyes fill with hope, and the basement is filled with anticipated silence. 

Then Daichi laughs. 

"It's over, huh?"

Suddenly, he grabs my wrist. 

"Go ahead, ###-chan, Kill me," He hisses, leering up at me, "But you know what? You'll gain nothing. You hear me? Nothing. Just like you started with it, you'll go back with it. My bodyguards are on their way right now, and it'll all be over you and your pals." 

At his words, a dozen men in black suits burst in and file into the room. Daichi lets out a deranged, hysterical laugh, knowing he's won. So this really is the end.

"It's over, all of you!"

Just as a bodyguard puts his hands on my shoulders,  I hear one more person enter the room.

"Cousin.... Giichi?"