Chapter 4-Savior

"Ah, that!" he says, straightening his clothes. 

"I'm Mafumafu!"

He's kidding, right? I stare at him again, analysing his face. Wait... I pull out my phone, and quickly search up "Mafumafu face", the screen lights up with the results, and I quickly scan through the various results, before picking out a photo. My eyes widen as I look from my phone to the person in front of me, over and over again. He has the same black mask, the same white hair, that same pale complexion, and most importantly, the same voice I heard on Hikikomoranai Radio in 2016. No way. I stare at him, and for some reason, my heart starts pounding. I stopped being a fan three years ago, why am I so excited now? I calm myself down, it must be some part of myself from back then that's fangirling, right? I quickly compose myself. "Why should I care?", I ask coldly.

 He looks surprised, as if he isn't used to be talked to like this. Luckily, the guy isn't too offended, and says "I gotta repay you somehow, you saved my life! You have to at least know the person who you saved!". I raise an eyebrow, "I don't need payment", I say. For a minute, he falls silent, but then finally says something "You look like you need some help". "Huh, what do you mean?", I ask. "Well," Mafumafu says, "You look poor, really poor. You look like you could use the money.". "That's none of your business!" I snap, he flinches, and I feel guilty. I sigh "Look, why do you want to help me?" "I already said!", he protests, "You saved me, I want to do you a favour!" he sighs, and says softly, "and I want to save you too." I gasp, what does he mean? "Look," I say, "I'm perfectly fine, thank you for worrying, but I don't need your help. I can manage on my own." I start to walk away, but Mafumafu calls after me. " I'll help you, I promise!" I don't look back. He'll probably forget about this meeting in a day, no one wants to help me anyways. 

I sigh, and open my door. Time to organise those papers. I turn on my lamp, sit at my desk, at begin to read through the papers, how am I going to pay for all of this? I only have three hundred yen, and all these costs are more than a million, where am I even going to get all this money? I groan, and fall onto my bed. I'm going to be homeless soon. 

My grades are suffering

I can't pay my debts. 

The yakuza loan sharks are always at my door

It's hopeless.

I bite my lip, roll over, and fall asleep.