Chapter 51 - A Tour?! Part 2

For nearly an hour, me and Kaori travel around. We look in the lecture rooms and explore the different facilities, halls and training centres. 

It's a really big campus, I'm almost impressed hat Kirika managed to get ### into Osaka University, albeit a bit envious. Oh well, I make enough money doing what I enjoy and being a utaite. 

"Where are we now?" Asks Kaori, looking around in awe at everything. The early afternoon wind lazily blows her hair, catching some of the light on the strands. I don't even know myself, and I smile nervously as a curse word explodes in my head. 

I think I got us lost. 

"Uh, let's go back to the main building" I say to Kaori, going back the way we went. Nodding and following close behind, I silently but frantically pray that I won't get us both even more lost on the way back to the main building. 

Thankfully, I manage to walk us back in surprisingly only 20 minutes. 

"We're back!" Kaori exclaims, spreading her small, pale arms to welcome the cold air of the A/C. I notice small calluses on her fingers, but decide not to say anything. 

"Hey mister, there's a café over there, can you order me something?" She asks, turning her attention towards the small café with cake in the glass cases.

I sigh, and reach into my pocket to fish in my wallet for some yen bills. 2000 ¥ should do it. 

"Here," I say, handing her the 2000 ¥ bill. "Buy what you want, but use it sparingly." 

Eyes sparkling, Kaori takes it gladly. 

"Thank you!!" She replies happily, dashing towards the counter. I watch as she takes the way around as to not crash into any tables and sigh. 

Checking that Kaori's distracted choosing cakes, and the person at the counter cooing at her, I walk down the hall. 

Now for what I originally needed to do.