Chapter 8- A Faded Memory, University, and A Friend

### Yamamoto smiled at the screen as she watched yet another video of her favourite utaite, Mafumafu. Along with other utaites, Soraru, Uratanuki, and Aho no Sakata, as well as their teacher ZimuinG.  She chuckled to herself, cheeks pink, as she watched all the boys do funny activities, like Twister, and making small clay pandas. She laughed as the words, "What the heck is this?", popped up on the screen. She sighed to herself, the life of a utaite was so fun, imagine getting a living off making videos and music! Yet ### knew she could never live that life, it was impossible, she just wasn't talented enough. A shadow crossed over her face, but she pushed those negative feelings aside. She quickly clicked on another Mafumafu video in her recommendations, excited to see his masked face, and hear his energetic voice again.  

I wake up, only to have the rays of the sun temporarily blind me. Averting my eyes from the blinding ball of light known as the sun, I look around the room. I still can't believe I'm here in Mafumafu's house. In less than a day, I had gone from having my house repossessed, to moving in with perhaps the most famous utaite of the internet. It's scary how fast my situation escalated. But there's nothing wrong with my situation, I guess. It's better than being homeless. I absent-mindlessly stare at my hand, I had that dream again. I sigh, and hunt the drawers for something to wear. I quickly spot a beige jumper, but then realise that it's Monday, and I have to go to university. But suddenly, I realise that my school uniform is nowhere to be found. Shoot, what do I do now? Defeated, I slump along the hallway to breakfast. 

Mafumafu notices my bad mood, "What's wrong, ###-chan?", he asks. I sigh, "I can't find my uniform, and today I have to go to university.", I explain. "I see." he says, setting my breakfast in front of me. "Wow", is all I can say. That's a lot of food. 

Mafumafu laughs as he watches my eyes light up

Mafumafu laughs as he watches my eyes light up. "Haven't eaten something like this, have you?" he asks. I nod, "I only had money for rice, but my rice cooker sucked.", I explain. He places chopsticks beside the bowls, "Oh", he says. Immediately, I go for the rice first. As soon as I stick the chopsticks inside my mouth, my cheeks go pink. It's so good. Mafumafu laughs when he sees the same look on my face from last night. "I love it when your expression is like that, ###-chan. It makes you look so cute", he says, leaning on the table, smiling. He's keeping his distance, so it's ok, he doesn't seem to be doing anything weird. I stare at him for a bit, and then go back to eating my food, loving every bite. 

After I finish, I ask Mafumafu, "What about my uniform?". "Remember what Furuichi-san said?", he replies, smiling "He said that all of your stuff was back at the university. So I don't think you need to worry about anything, ###-chan." I sigh in relief, I thought I was gonna miss a day of school. "So I just go? And everything will be brought to me while I'm in the waiting room?", I ask. Mafumafu nods, "I'm sure it'll be like that, ###-chan!", he answers cheerfully. I head for the door, and open it. "I'll be off, then. Bye Mafumafu-san.", I say, and head out.