Chapter 30- Not Alone

"Soraru-san...?"

Looking down at him, I feel uneasy. Why is he staring at me so... intently? For a minute or so, Soraru just stares at me, before seeming to snap back into consciousness. "Ah, sorry." Soraru says, letting go of my arm. Looking down, there seems to be a reddish mark from where he held me. The mild pain coming to me just now, I rub my wrist on my shirt in an effort to soften the pain. "Soraru-san... Why am I here? In this bed?" I ask. "You had a surgery to get that big plastic bag out of your lungs." He replied. Suddenly, my blood runs cold. "Lung... Surgery?"

Soraru sighs, and looks away uncomfortably. "You couldn't exactly live with plastic in your lungs, right? You were barely breathing when Mafu-kun rescued you from that lake." He says. "Mafumafu-san..." I say softly. "Eh?" Soraru asks, looking at me. "I have to get to him! I need to see how he's doing!!" I cry, determinedly springing out of bed. "###-chan! No, you can't get out of bed ye-" He yells, jumping and reaching his hand out to stop me. Soraru trips in the process of dashing after me, and ends up pinning me to the ground. 

"Ow ow... My leg." I groan, grimacing in pain. Opening my eyes, I look up to see Soraru leaning over me and panting. "A-Ah, I'm so sorry, ###-chan" Soraru says, quickly getting off me. Holding out a hand, I shake my head. "It's fine" I say, starting to stand up. As soon as I lift my knee from the ground, it immediately feels numb and painful, sort of like like heartburn in my leg. Soraru sighs and helps me back onto the bed. "It must be the blood clot in your legs" He said worriedly. "You can't move yet, ###-chan. You need to stay here for a while." As Soraru pulls the covers over my lap, I look down quietly. It's helpless. "Soraru-san..." I whisper softly. "Is there really nothing I can do to help Mafumafu-san?" 

I don't notice Soraru looking at me as tears roll down my cheeks. Holding my head in my hands, I've never felt so... helpless. "I say quietly, not bearing to look at Soraru. "I'm the reason why Mafumafu's in this mess, and then he had to go down there and save me, which worsened his health because he's weak enough already" I sob, tearing at my hair. "I feel so stupid... I can't do anything at all. I'm just a stupid girl he picked off the street who's not even grateful at all" The words coming out in a rush, more tears roll down and my breathing is shaky and filled with hiccups. "I'm even in hospital now, I'm so pathetic. This is what I get" I whimper, tears blurring my vision as I watch them fall onto the blanket.

 Soraru hugs me tightly, and I gasp. "Don't... say things like that to yourself, ###-chan. I know you're a wonderful person who's kind, and cares for her peers. Mafumafu cares for you. So much. Me too. So please, please don't feel like a burden" Soraru says gently, letting me cry into his shoulder. I cry and cry, until there's no more tears left. He looks at me kindly, cupping my chin and wiping my remaining tears before hugging me again.

"You're not alone, ###-chan. And you never will be."