Chapter 41 - Phone Call, Part 2

Hearing some shuffling as my call is answered, I feel so relieved I let out a gasp.

"#-###-chan! Are you okay? I'm so, so sorry about last night, please come back-"

"Sorry, who is this?" 

My hand freezes on the phone, and my blood runs cold as an unfamiliar voice answers.

"Who are you, and why do you have ###'s phone?", I demand to the person on the other line. Just what happened between that night and now?! Was what Mafumafu said earlier true, and it's her kidnapper speaking to me? My heart pounds in my ears as I imagine all kind of horrific scenarios of what could have happened to ###.

 However, my thoughts are cut off when I hear a shuffling noise. The caller must have sat on his bed. He's awfully relaxed about this. After a bit, he answers. 

"I'm Daichi-kun! The reason why I have ###-chan's phone is because she's in the shower right now. It would have bugged me so much if the phone just kept ringing and ringing, so I answered! And what's this about wanting ###-chan back~?" The caller, named Daichi, asks me with an annoyingly teasing tone. It's one that makes me wanna punch his face, even though I don't know what he looks like.

"Wait wait," Daichi continues, still with the same bright tone before it abruptly changes into a darker one. "Aren't you Soraru?"

My blood runs cold with his words.

"Ahaha! Just kidding~!" Daichi says, switching back to his bright tone. "You're that utaite guy, right? The one who collabs with Mafumafu-san all the time?? You're pretty famous!! So how are you two doing after kicking her out of the house, hm?" 

I bite my lip, even more annoyed as I hear a little scoff at the end of that sentence. He's full of unnecessary talk, actions and blabber - but what's even worse is that somehow he knows exactly what happened. Did ### tell him? Was he passing by when she ran out of the house? If that's so, then how did he know that she lived with Mafumafu in the first place? There's so much I don't know... 

Taking my silence as an answer, Daichi sighs sweetly and giggles.

"Aah~ You're such a bad and violent person, Soraru-san!" Daichi mocks me. "And scary too, no wonder ###-chan ran away in fear! After all, who threw a glass that narrowly missed her? Who knows, I could report you for domestic abuse and then it'd be all over~!" He finishes his sentence with a dramatic flourish. I feel tears prick at my eyes, the words hurting me. Even though I'm trying really hard not to let them hurt me, I'm failing horrendously. I let out a sob hitched in my throat, and Daichi laughs. 

"Wow, you're crying already? I thought grown men weren't supposed to cry, Soraru-san!" snickers Daichi cruelly. "How weak!"

"Tell me what you did with her!" I yell into the phone, with a film of tears and a mixture of anger, sadness and fear.

"Don't worry, she's safe and happy - having a shower too! Can't say the same for her sister though~" Daichi answers, I can hear the smile in his voice - it's as if he's telling a funny joke or trying not to laugh. I gasp at the mention of  Kirika.

"Oi! What did you do to Kirika-san you-" But before I can finish, Daichi cuts me off.

"Sorry~! That's not for you to know, catch you later! But tell you what, Soraru-san. If you really wanna save your girlfriend, bring Mafumafu-san, ok?? I'm sure you'll make the right choice, bu-bye!!!" With those words, he hangs up, me left listening to the dial tone.

Head in hands, I sigh. Just what am I going to do....?