Chapter 52 - Data

Walking into the teacher's lounge, I knock politely, straightening my tie to look the part. Turning towards me, the lounge goes silent. 

Trying not to let that deter me, I clear my throat.

"I'm Daichi Furuichi's cousin, because I want to visit him, I'd like to know his address." I state in a clear voice, hoping that I don't sound like a fool. 

There's silence for a few minutes, before a staff member speaks up. 

"Daichi-san never told us that he has a cousin." An elderly man with glasses says, looking at me strangely.

"Well, I live in Oikawa, I'm also his distant cousin so that may be why." I respond, still keeping my guard up.

"And your name...?" The glasses man asks, hesitantly. 

"Riko Tachibana." I answer quickly, running off a name in my head. 

He stares at me, but seems to believe. Getting up, he ushers me to a door past all the clutter. 

"I'm Nakamura by the way, Tachibana-san." The man says, fumbling for a key.

Sticking it into a keyhole, he twists it for a bit before opening the door into a darker, smaller room with a computer on.

"These are the student archives will all their information - please look for Daichi-san's address. I'll be back, I'm just going to get my coffee." Nakamura says, leaving me to do so.

I close the door behind me, my only light source provided by the computer, and get to work.