Chapter 39- Missing

Lying on my messily made, low bed, I'm scrolling through my phone, a hand over my face and black hair. It feels like the same day - I did the same routine yesterday and the day before: Wake up, scroll through my phone for about two hours before actually deciding to do something remotely productive, then call or text Mafu-kun. 

I scrolled more, nothing seemed to be interesting. But just as I was going to exit Google, an article filled my screen with a very familiar face. My eyes widen as I read the headline, and tap on it to read the article. 

KIRIKA YAMAMOTO REPORTED MISSING THIS MORNING

At 8 AM in Tokyo today, 24 year old beauty vlogger Kirika Yamamoto was reported missing by one of her neighbours. There are no witnesses, and currently no leads or hints on her whereabouts or if Kirika is dead of alive. Police and detectives are currently investigating. 

Hands shaking, my heart pounds loudly in my ears. Kirika went... missing? Scrolling down to read more, I groan as the only things I find are her website, her follower count, and her picture. They can't be serious. But it's strange, Kirika doesn't seem like the sort of person to get taken down easily. She's headstrong, and could kick anyone's butt in the blink of an eye with those heels of hers. So why?  

Just then, the thought occurs to me that I should tell ### about it. They're siblings after all. But as my hand scrolls though my numbers on contacts, I remember what happened a few days ago. Will it really be ok for me to call her? What if she's blocked me? Has she forgiven me? Only one way to find out.

Pressing the call button, I wait with the phone by my ear. Please pick up, please pick up, I pray silently, biting my lip.

Beep

Beep

Click