Chapter 16- The Return of Soraru-san

"Make sure to ask around, okay?", asks Kirika, heading out the door. "Got it", I say, as the door closes behind her. 

As soon as my sister leaves, Mafumafu suddenly gasps. "Agh! I just remembered!", he yelps, surprising me. "W-what is it?" I ask, steadying myself because I nearly fell from the shock of his unnatural high voice along with him suddenly shouting. He slaps the top of his head in annoyance, "How could I forget that I had a recording session with Soraru-san today?!" Mafumafu groans. 

Tuesday 1st September, 20:57

After a night of making fun of each others looks, it's time for Soraru to go back to his house. Soraru smiles and waves "Bye ###-chan and Mafumafu-san", he says, and turns to Mafumafu. "Don't forget we have a song recording on Saturday, okay?", asks Soraru, putting his hand on Mafumafu's shoulder. Mafumafu nods enthusiastically, "Okay! I won't forget, promise!", he beams. I smile, I guess he really likes singing, huh? Soraru nods and turns to leave, walking off into the cold night.

"Gaah! It was today and I completely forgot! How could I be so dumb?!" Mafumafu wails, running around in circles before tripping and crashing onto the couch "Wah!". Unable to keep myself from laughing, I burst into giggles at the sight of Mafumafu's chicken-like performance. Looking surprised at my reaction, Mafumafu looks confused which makes me laugh even harder. Mafumafu himself starts laughing, and together we have a laughing fit.

 Mafumafu himself starts laughing, and together we have a laughing fit

Knock knock

As there's a knocking at the door, Mafumafu picks himself up off the couch and goes to open it. Standing outside, is no other than Soraru. He's wearing a casual black shirt, complete with dark blue jeans, black converses, and of course a white face mask. Seeing the sight of the living room, Soraru sighs, taking off his mask. "Don't tell me you forgot about the recording session again, Mafumafu-san", he mutters, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Mafumafu sees the disappointment evident on Soraru's face, and he droops in shame. "S-sorry, Soraru -san", mutters Mafumafu "###-chan's sister came over trying to help with-", but before Mafumafu can say anything else, I intervene. "Soraru-san, " I say, and he looks at me. "I don't think you should be mad at Mafumafu-san, we were up really early trying to solve a really big problem that involves his career, it would only make sense that he forgot because that was more important!" Soraru and Mafumafu  both look at me, surprised. This is the second time I've done an outburst today. "S-sorry " I mutter, sinking down into the couch. Soraru gives me a tired smile, and pats Mafumafu's head. "It's okay, ###-chan. I know what's been going on..." he says quietly, and I nod, so he knows as well. Soraru's face darkens, but then he smiles "But we'll talk about that later, ok? For now, it's time for us to record our new song. Come on, Mafu-kun". As him and Mafumafu head to the recording studio, Soraru turns to me. "Would you like to go with us, ###-chan? I'm sure it'll be fine if you keep quiet.", he offers. I nod, being polite and accepting the offer. Soraru smiles, and the three of us head to Mafumafu's recording room.