Chapter 1- Daydreams at School (Prologue)

Three years ago, 2017 

The crowd cheered as the utaite appeared on stage, and it got even louder as her heart began to race

The crowd cheered as the utaite appeared on stage, and it got even louder as her heart began to race. She knew this song, and she loved it. "DYSTOPIA!!!" the crowd of adoring fans screamed together at the chorus, she screamed along with them, loving every second of it. She felt the warm, sweaty air of the exhilarated fans, mixed in with the cool feel of the night sky, she smiled. "Mafumafu! Mafumafu! Mafumafu!" the crowd cheered, as he continued his live concert with another well known cover of his, "Hated By Life Itself". "BOKUWARA WA INOCHI KIRAWARATE IRU! KACHIKAN MO EGO MO OSHITSUKETE ITSUMO DAREKA O KOROSHITAI UTA O-"

"###-san!" 

"Wha-" 

She lifted her head, and looked around. With horror, she realised that her classmates were laughing at her. 

"Please refrain from singing in class, ###-san."

"I'm sorry, sensei", the girl muttered, and sank into her seat, avoiding the giggles of her classmates. Again, she had fallen asleep in class, more embarrassingly,  she had been singing like a dying horse.  "Please turn to page 200, and do Questions 11a, b, c, and all of questions 12 and 13", the teacher instructed to the class. She sighed, and looked at her textbook, today was going to be a long day. 

As soon as school was over, she plugged in her headphones, turned her volume up as loud as it could be, and started the long walk home. As soon as she got there, she started doing her work.

Five hours later

She sighed and looked at the night sky through her window, finally, she was finished! As she stared, she wondered. Why can't I have a life like Mafumafu?  She wondered. If she was able to do that, would she have a better life? If only, she thought. She'd be able to move out of this dump, and spend her life producing songs, sing with other people, and have people appreciate her. But she knew it could never happen. She yawned, staring down at the street lights of Osaka, and fell on her bed, falling into a restless slumber.