Chapter 18- A Day Out

### ran as fast as she could through the dark, maze-like tunnels. She didn't know who or what she was running from, but all she knew was that she needed to keep on running. "YOUR FAULT! YOUR FAULT!" unidentifiable voices screamed as she raced along the dark corridors, accompanied with malicious laughter and booing, the sounds echoing behind her as if they were chasing ###, and boy they were getting closer.

 She panted, turning to the left, the right, and another left, this was exhausting. Finally, she felt her legs give out, ### could run no more. She fell to the ground in a sweating, exhausted heap. No! Get up!!, she thought, desperately trying to get up, but her body wouldn't cooperate. Finally the voices caught up to her, and ### was filled with a sense of horror. Immediately, they surrounded her. It went from a distant murmur to booming shouts, all chanting the same thing as she covered her ears, crying. 

"YOUR FAULT! YOUR FAULT! YOUR FAULT! YOUR FAULT! YOUR FAULT! YOUR FAULT!!!"

"###-chan!"

"###-chan!", Mafumafu shakes me, trying to wake me up

"###-chan!", Mafumafu shakes me, trying to wake me up. I take hold of his hands, breathing heavily, what a nightmare. As I try to make sense of it, Mafumafu tightens his grip gently around my hands as well, tying to comfort me. "Are you okay, ###-chan?" asks Mafumafu softly, as I avoid his gaze, not wanting him to see me vulnerable and sad like this, he gently strokes my head, trying to make me feel better. I appreciate that he's trying, but it's a bit awkward. Noticing that I'm uncomfortable, he pulls back a bit. "We should be getting to the dining room, ###." he says, standing up "We gotta have breakfast, anyways". 

At the table, I silently eat my food, poring over my strange, disturbing nightmare. It was quite unsettling, thinking back to it, a pit forms in my stomach and suddenly the food tastes bad in my mouth. Mafumafu sighs when he notices this, as if he's disappointed with my gloomy attitude. Well, it makes sense. It seems my bad mood is starting to affect Mafumafu as well, he's twiddling his thumbs anxiously at the table at his seat opposite from me. I feel bad seeing him down like this, looking down at my food, it's a quiet breakfast until Mafumafu decides to break the silence. "You know what the both us need?" Mafumafu speaks up, smiling. I look at him questionably, but he continues smiling. "A walk to clear our heads." he says, spreading his arms for exaggeration.