Chapter 42 - Captivity

"Ugh..."

Kirika blinked her eyes, waking up to complete darkness - save for two weak lights. She could see crates in the distance. What were they filled with?, Kirika wondered, wanting to know and not wanting to know at the same time. 

Trying to get up, Kirika found herself still bound to the chair. Pulling again, she looked down and behind her; and saw her wrists bound in tight zip cuffs. Kirika's eyes widened, and she let out a scream, trying to breaks free from her restraints by moving violently and shaking the chair. Her ankles were bound too. Kirika's mind raced in panic and terror - what the heck was was going on?! 

"Ahh~ Would you keep it down?"

Kirika froze at the voice, and gasped as a person opened the door. 

It was Daichi.

But Kirika didn't know that - but she knew that this was the person who was her captor. Daichi had taken off his jacket - so he was just wearing his choker and shirt. He gave Kirika a cheerful smile.

"Hi~ I'm Daichi-kun." He said brightly, still smiling at Kirika. Kirika glared at him, still trying to break free.

"Ah, that won't work." Daichi said, watching Kirika's attempts with amusement. "You should know better than try break free from plastic zip-cuffs. Aren't you smart, Kirika-chan?"

Kirika flinched at the mention of her name. Just how did this creepy, furby-like guy Daichi know her name? 

"You're wondering how I know your name, right?" Daichi asked. 

"Thing is, I did a background check on you! You're all over the internet, you know? I also got a spy to stalk and watch you, so here we are!" Kirika's skin crawled with disgust and horror. Just what kind of creep was he?! 

"And you know," continued Daichi, with a happy sigh in his voice. "It was all to protect ###-chan~

Kirika gasped at the mention of her sister's name, and bared her teeth at Daichi.

"So it was you! You started all those rumours, huh?!" She burst out at Daichi.

"Mhm! I'm Truth Finder~" Daichi replied with merit, as if it was a funny joke. 

"I did all of it, Kirika. I made the articles, I hired the actors to make the pictures - I even killed Mafumafu-san's cat and put a note next to it, written with the poor thing's own blood!" Daichi confessed proudly, and laughed, sounding like a madman. He truly was - it terrified Kirika. 

"YOU'RE A MONSTER!" Kirika yelled at him, barely able to contain her rage at this stupid man any longer. Daichi just smiled.

"Aren't you a monster too?" He asked, putting his face right up to Kirika so their noses were practically touching. Her eyes widened, how did he know...? She screamed, the pain in her head soaring as she recalled that day, that fateful day. Where it had all gone wrong. 

Sighing, Daichi went over to a table. As Kirika followed his direction, her blood ran cold as she saw he had a roll of black tape in hand. 

"If you're not gonna shut up, then I'll have to do this." Said Daichi, in a relaxed voice. Kirika struggled, moving her head until dizziness, afraid of the black, sticky gag that was eventually going to cover her mouth. But there was no escaping it - even when she bit his hand, Daichi didn't flinch. What the hell was he?! Soon, he ripped off two pieces of tape, and sealed them in a cross on her mouth. 

"There we go~ All perfect!" Daichi chirped brightly, proud of his handiwork. He was like a kindergarten kid who had just finished a coloured drawing. Kirika struggled, even more agitated. 

"MMM! MM MMM MM MMM!!!!" Kirika yelled, muffled by the tape. Daichi just laughed, and tipped her chin up, Kirika powerless to resist. But he just laughed, and walked away. As he left, he called over his shoulder.

"Oh, by the way! Your boyfriend and Mafumafu-san are coming to get you, too bad they're screwed! We have an army of assassins - that's what rich people can afford! If you're lucky, I'll bring him to you, while he's bleeding out!" Kirika's eyes widened - he was planning to kill Soraru and Mafumafu too! Daichi really was a heartless monster, and she had no way to prevent what was going to happen.  

"And don't worry about ###-chan, she's having a shower right now! In fact, she should probably be getting out right now, better go upstairs!!" With those words, Daichi closed the door, leaving Kirika in the dark basement.