Chapter 20- A Day Out- Part 3

"Well, I wasn't expecting to see the both of you here!"

Daichi steps out from under the shadow of the tree, smiling brightly. "Hello, ###-chan", he greets me, and turns over to greet Mafumafu as well. "And hello, Mafumafu-san", Daichi says, in a slightly, less-bright tone. Mafumafu nods "Hello, Daichi-kun", he replies in a polite tone. Nodding back, Daichi turns back to me, smile returned, and notices the ice-cream in my hand. "Oh, are the two of you eating ice-cream?" asks Daichi cheerfully, and I nod "Yeah, me and Mafumafu-san got ice-creams", I reply. Why does he want to know?  "Ah," Daichi says, as if reading my thoughts. "Mind if I get one too?" 

One again, we're back at the ice-cream truck, and it looks like the worker that we saw before knows Daichi

One again, we're back at the ice-cream truck, and it looks like the worker that we saw before knows Daichi. I know this because he said "Ah, Furuichi-sama!", when him, Mafumafu and I walk up to him. Daichi gives a smile and a small wave in return to the worker and greets him back "Hello, Suzuki-san". "Now, what would you like?", asks Suzuki-san cheerfully, eager to please Daichi. Obvious that Suzuki-san is sucking up to him, it disgusts me. It's just so... pitiful seeing him like this. Trying not to think badly of the worker, I focus on Daichi choosing his ice-cream flavour instead. "Hmm, I'll have...", Daichi says, and stops for a dramatic pause "Vanilla!". Suzuki-san nods, and proceeds to get out an ice-cream cone. As he starts pumping the ice-cream into the cone, Daichi notices me looking at him, and smiles brightly. Returning his smile, this just feels a bit uncanny that he chose the same flavour as us. It's a bit annoying, but it's just a hunch.

...Right? 

Sitting and eating our ice-creams together, Daichi looks strangely cute holding his ice-cream in two hands and licking at it. 'So, Daichi-kun, why are you here?", I ask him, and he turns to me. "Oh? I came here to relax, so it's quite a lucky coincidence that we met here! I'm glad to see you, ###-chan", Daichi smiles. I nod back "Good to see you too, Daichi-kun,", I reply. He smiles again. "Y'know, ###-chan, you should live with me instead!", Daichi says brightly. I smile, not realising what he said until it dawns on me. 

"...What did you say?"