Chapter 38- The Culprit

Click

Kirika's red lips spread into a silent. triumphant smile. At last.

"Hah," She snickered to herself.

" Found you, you dirty rat."

Sighing, stretching and leaning back in her chair, Kirika was exhausted, but had found who was behind the rumours so what did it matter? At least her sister and those other guys would be left alone now. 

"Ahh, finally. This was such a pain. I deserve some sort of award..." She muttered to herself, not hearing the door open softly behind her. Still not aware of the intruder or the small arrow that was whizzing towards her, Kirika's world turned black.

 Still not aware of the intruder or the small arrow that was whizzing towards her, Kirika's world turned black

The stairs creaked underneath Kirika and the assailant's weight, Kirika unconscious. She had been hit with a tranquiliser in her neck, and was out like a light. He had to be careful on these stairs. Kirika hadn't kept a majority of the lights on, so the only guide the assailant had was a weak bulb that lit up only half of the stairway. No matter, they were almost at the end anyways. Stepping onto the smooth limestone that made up Kirika's downstairs, the assailant opened the door, and locked the house behind him with her stolen key.

Onto the silent, cool and abandoned street with the usual street lights and gas station, the assailant loaded Kirika's body into the sleek midnight blue car that sat waiting on the side

Onto the silent, cool and abandoned street with the usual street lights and gas station, the assailant loaded Kirika's body into the sleek midnight blue car that sat waiting on the side. Inside were three backups in case the target got violent. As he got into the front seat, his phone rang with a call from his boss.
"
So? How did it go?" The cold and emotionless voice that came through the phone asked.

"All according to plan, boss. The target was quite easy to tranquilise, despite the records we have on her," The assailant reported. "She's in the back of the car right now, unconscious."

"Great," The assailant's boss replied before hanging up.