Thanks for 7k reads

Hello, it's the author!! Thank you all for letting The Student and the Singer reach 7k reads, I'm glad you're enjoying the story! It might end in 20 chapters or so, but......

Anyways! Here's a scrapped idea I forgot about that was SUPPOSED to happen after An Indignant Refusal (Chapter 21), which was the chapter after the trilogy in where they were at the park with Daichi-kun. This short story will take place directly after those events. Please enjoy this!!

Chapter 21.5

The afternoon sun shone outside, but the light didn't seem to reach my room

The afternoon sun shone outside, but the light didn't seem to reach my room. It's 5 pm, nearly sunset, and I'm packing. The reason why is because I'm gonna to move to Daichi's house for better learning equipment for the university. Maybe with his help, I can actually afford a house and a better future, one outside the dump and leeching off Mafumafu as a freeloader. It's for the best, I tell myself. Mafumafu'll be better off without me, he can focus on his career and prove those rumours wrong, right? He'll be fine.

As I pack my clothes, I get the strong feeling that someone's watching me. It's not a good feeling. Turning around to check for myself, I nearly jump as I see Mafumafu, leaning against the doorframe. His 5.8 figure almost blocks out the light from the hallway, and his bangs are covering his face. He looks seriously creepy.

"M-Mafumafu-san? What's wrong?" I ask, trying to hide my surprise by putting on a strong voice. Silently cursing my tremble at the beginning of the sentence, Mafumafu doesn't answer. He just stands there for a bit, before finally speaking.

"###-chan... Don't tell me you're really going to move in with him.... right?" Mafumafu questions me, in a surprisingly deep voice that I flinch at. Still, I hold my guard.

"So what if I am? You don't control what I do, Mafumafu-san." I retort to him. "I'm 21. And besides, I need this opportunity. I'm an adult just like you, don't hover over me and treat me like a kid."

Mafumafu gasps, and for a moment, he's silent. I've got him, I think to myself, and make a move to go back to packing. But suddenly, his lips spread into a thin smile.

"Hahaha...." Mafumafu giggles, and raises his head to look at me. His sadistic, psychotic - almost deranged expression startles me.

"But ###-chan, you can't leave me~" He whines in a needy, soft voice, cocking his head to the side, with a smile on his face. He comes over to wrap his arms around me, burying his face in my neck and shoulder. I gasp, face reddening at the contact and feeling the effect of his snake-like embrace. "I'll get lonely." He hisses in a deeper voice, tightening his grip around my body.

"You wouldn't want me to be lonely, right?"

Eventually, the squeeze becomes too much, hurting me. In a desperate attempt, I yell and break free of Mafumafu, shoving him off and dashing out of the room.

Just as I'm halfway down the hallway, near to the stairs, I hear Mafumafu's feet thumping behind me. Not daring to look behind, I speed down the stairs - nearly slipping in the process. But that doesn't matter, I need to get out of the house.

"###-chan, where are you?" I hear Mafumafu call from upstairs, his voice chilling me. I don't dare breathe, and cover my mouth and nose, feeling the hurried exhales and inhales of hot breaths my hands are muffling as the sound of my heartbeat fills my ears. Don't make a sound, I tell myself. Who knows what would happen if I got caught?

"Come on..." Mafumafu continues, in a voice that doesn't comfort me at all. I hear the kitchen drawer open loudly, with the same noise level as it shuts. Then there's a sound of metal scraping against the table.

"You wouldn't wanna do this the hard way, right?"

My blood runs cold.

And so!! There you go, I had a lot of fun doing this (I love yanderes omg)!! Tell me if you want me to do more on 21.5 for 8k because I kinda left us on a cliffhanger haha

Thank you for your support!

The Student and the Singer will return next Friday, please look forward to it!!